Indian Oil Company Limited is one of the biggest gas companies in India. It is popularly known as the Indane Gas. Every second home in our country uses an Indane gas LPG connection. There is a long Indane Gas distributor list through which the company supplies LPG cylinders to consumers across the country.
Indian Oil Corporation Limited is expanding its business network. People have a chance to work with IOCL. The government has revised the application procedure and guidelines for the Indane gas dealership. The government has come out with a unified set of guidelines that all the LPG distributors of Oil Marketing companies have to follow. In this article, we will discuss how to get Indane Gas Agency.
Did You Know?
Indane Gas Agency has a network of 12500 distributors that serves around 130 million families in the country.
As per the new guidelines of the Government, the distribution area of the Indian Gas Agency is divided into four categories based on the spot and location of the services. They are as follows –
These are the distributors, the customers or residents who stay within the municipal boundaries of the town, city, or the metro city. They are located in urban areas.
These are also the LPG distributors located in urban areas. But the difference is that they also provide services to the specified rural areas within a radius of 15 km from the municipal limits.
These are the LPG distributors located in specified rural areas and provide services to the customers of the specified rural areas. Selected rural area means villages located within 15 km boundaries from the municipal limits.
Durgam Kshetriya Vitrak
These are the LPG distributors located in and provide services to difficult areas. These areas are –
- Hilly regions
- Disturbed Areas
- Forests Area
- Tribal Inhabited Areas
- Sparsely Populated Areas
It must be noted that any place where the Gramin or Rurban LPG distributors cannot be set up are the areas of Durgam Kshetriya.
You can check the Indane Gas distributor number from their official website.
Eligibility for Indane Gas Agency
The government revised the application for the Indane Gas dealership in 2016. The person who wants to apply for the Indane Gas Agency dealership must fulfil all the eligibility criteria as stated below:
- He should be a citizen and resident of India.
- He must have passed his class 10th from the recognised board.
- He must be at least 21 years of age and must not exceed 60 years, as on the date of the application for the Indane Gas dealership.
- He must now have any criminal background.
- If the person belongs to the freedom fighter category, he will be granted a subsidy.
- No other family member should be engaged in any oil companies.
- The person must fulfil all the dealership norms of the Indance agency.
- The person must be the owner of the LPG cylinder storage godown as on the date of applying for the dealership.
- He must also be the owner of the plot of land whose minimum dimensions are required to construct an LPG godown on the date of applying for leadership.
- The person must not be the owner of any PSU oil marketing company.
- He must not have resigned from any PSU oil marketing company to transfer the dealership to any of his family members.
Land Requirements for Indane Gas Agency
There are some land requirements also that the person must own to start his Indane Gas Agency dealership.
- Godown Capacity – 8000 kg
- Land Requirement – 3000-3500 sq. ft.
- Godown Capacity – 5000 kg
- Land Requirement – 2000-2500 sq. ft.
Inaccessible Regional Area
- Godown Capacity – 3000 kg
- Land Requirement – 1200-1500 sq. ft.
Application Process for Indane Gas Distributor
The candidates are advised to check the official website of the Indane Gas Agency if they want to apply for Indane Gas Agency. You can apply for Indane Gas Agency only when it releases public advertisements in the newspapers. The company releases the advertisement as per their requirements from time to time. These advertisements are published in the three daily newspapers. These three daily newspapers are those that have –
- Highest circulation in the state
- The other two have the highest circulation in the district
The applicants can apply for the Indane Gas dealership by following the given points –
- The candidates who are eligible for Sheheri Vitrak have to use an online application
- The candidates who qualify for the other three categories can download the application form from the website and submit it.
- You can also apply for multiple locations.
- If you are applying for different locations, you need to submit a separate application form and the separate fees for each site.
Application Fees for the Indane Gas Agency Dealership
For Sheheri and Urban Vitrak –
- General - ₹10000
- OBC - ₹5000
- SC/ST - ₹3000
For Gramin and Durgam Kshetriya Vitrak –
- General - ₹8000
- OBC - ₹4000
- SC/ST - ₹2500
To apply for the Indane Gas dealership, you can directly go to the official website of the Indian Oil Company limited and follow the details given there.
- Visit the official website of the Indane Gas Agency
- Read the entire information of the website very carefully and click on the register option
- A new screen will open. Fill in the details like name, gender, e-mail id, mobile number, date of birth, address, state, city, pin code, etc.
- Check the details filled in before submitting it.
- Now click on the ‘Get OTP option’.
- Enter the OTP that you have received on your mobile number.
- You will receive a successful registration message on the completion.
- You can log in with your e-mail ID or phone number and enter the Captcha code.
- Select the advertisement for which you are willing to apply.
- A new window will appear that will show you the available locations
- Now fill in the required details.
- Submit the application form along with the required fees. You must also take the hard copy of the filled application form for future reference.
Documents Required for Indane Gas Application
- ID proof – Aadhar Card, PAN Card, voter card, driving licence
- Address proof – Aadhar Card, Electricity Bill, Driving license, ration card
- Age proof and income certificate
- Passport size photograph
- Educational certificates
- Bank account statement
- Police NOC
- Explosive NOC
- Municipal Department NOC
- Property Documents
- Lease agreement
- Sale Deed
All Other Property Documents
- Business Documents
- Registration Number
- Financial documents
- GST number
You must enter all the details correctly and submit all the original verified documents to avoid later inconvenience.
Tenure of the Distributorship
The Indane Gas distributorship is allotted based on the draw system in all the separate advertised locations among the eligible candidates. After the allotment of the Indane Gas distributorship, the initial tenure of the distributorship is ten years.
Based on the performance evaluation of the candidate, this block can also be renewed for a block of 5 years. This evaluation is done by the Indane Gas Agency based on rules and regulations set by the company.
If you are looking for opportunities to start your own business and plan to open an LPG gas dealership, Indane Gas Agency will be a good pick. Due to the large profit margins, many people are entertained in this field for good earning opportunities. The Indian Oil Company owns the Indane Gas Agency, and it is also the second-largest LPG marketer in the world. We hope that this article has helped you to know about Indane Gas agency eligibility and the steps to get the Indane Gas Agency dealership.