Chennai, the capital of Tamil Nadu, has the biggest cultural centre in the South. The city is the manufacturing hub leading to a significant number of wholesale businesses. You can explore the Chennai wholesale market for anything you want to buy or establish a business yourself if you want to earn a good amount of money. These small business ideas do not require large capital investment or age limits. Wholesale markets in Chennai offer diverse items ranging from clothing to furniture in a feasible price range. These are some reasons why people prefer to buy from the wholesale shops in Chennai. So, let’s know about the different types of the wholesale market in Chennai.
Did You Know?
Chennai's Koyambedu market is one of Asia's largest markets, selling perishable goods.
Explore Chennai Wholesale Markets
Buying the essential items from the wholesale market can prove a boon for your business. The wholesalers in Chennai not only provide you with the best prices but also provide you with the best quality items. Various duplicate items similar to reputed brands are also available in this market. You can bargain the prices and use your negotiation skills at all the wholesale shops in Chennai.
The markets in Chennai are also well connected to most of the city's metro stations, which helps you save transportation costs. Here is a brief curated guide of the Chennai wholesale market from where you can buy in bulk for your business at an affordable price.
Top Chennai Wholesale Market for Groceries
Some of the best wholesale grocery markets in Chennai are:
1. D-Mart Virugambakkam - This place is the best wholesale shop in Chennai for buying monthly grocery items under a single roof. The kings of wholesalers in dry fruits, groceries, clothes, pottery, toys, and decorative items can be found here. There is an option of home delivery for bulk orders with a minimum order value. Take the metro from Poes Gardens or go through the bus from Virugambakkam to visit this market.
2. Koyambedu Market - This wholesale market in Chennai is one of the biggest markets for fruits, vegetables, and dry fruits. You can find imported and local fresh fruits at a reasonable price. As per the market survey, almost 11000 customers visit this market daily. You can take the metro from the Chennai Central Station to reach here.
3. Madras Manjal & Masala - This grocery shop in Chennai provides fresh products, imported spices, dry fruits, local home grown spices, and more at low prices. It is located on Poonamallee High Road.
4. Annachi Wholesale Market - The wholesale shop in Chennai provides all the grocery items at affordable prices. It is located in Kolathur.
Furniture Wholesale Market In Chennai
Chennai also has furniture wholesale markets with unbelievable prices. Here is a list of furniture wholesalers:
1. Dhana Furniture Home - This furniture market is where you can easily find cheap and rustic furniture. You can easily locate this market situated opposite the metro station. It deals with all kinds of furniture with the finest quality.
2. RR Furniture - Visit the RR furniture wholesale shop in Perungalathur, located opposite Padmavathi Marriage Hall. This is a big shop where you can use excellent bargaining skills to acquire diverse furniture for your home or business.
3. Bharatham Stores - You can find distinctive furniture designs and classy furniture at this Chennai Wholesale Shop at a low price and amazing furniture quality. The store is located in Vadapalani.
4. Royapettah High Road - This is considered one of the best wholesale markets in Chennai for buying furniture. Most of the shops in this market have high-quality furniture. You can visit this market with the help of Thirumayilai Metro Station, and it is 8 km away from the Chennai Central Railway Station.
Wholesale Market In Chennai for Electronics
You can find all kinds of electronics and even second-hand goods for your business venture at the Chennai Wholesale Market at extremely low prices. There are also numerous electronics repair shops in this market. Here is a list of shops from where you can purchase electronics at wholesale prices in Chennai:
1. Rishabh Electricals - Try this shop for purchasing electronics, spare parts, used items, repaired parts, and original parts. It is located on Purasawalkam High Road. You can get off at the Nehru Park Metro Station, which is the nearest to it.
2. Chaudhary Enterprises - You can purchase electronic devices, toys, and digital items at throwaway prices. They also have a repairing centre that helps you resolve any issue you face later. You can bargain in this shop and can even get a discount of 50%.
3. Ritchie Street - Ritchie Street is known as the grey market or the unorganized shopping hub for electronics, is spread through the surrounding Narasingapuram Street, Wallers Street, Mohammed Hussain Street, Meeran Sahib Street and Gurappa Road. It is a very crowded and congested market. It is located on Arunachalam Road.
Chennai Wholesale Cloth Market
Everything from ready-made garments to artificial jewellery, accessories, etc., can be bought at wholesale prices wholesale cloth market in Chennai. The top wholesale markets in Chennai for clothing are:
1. Cotton Alley - Throughout the year, Chennai has a hot and humid climate. This market is the best to purchase a variety of cotton clothes. This market is 4 km away from the Chennai Central Railway Station. You can also reach here by the Egmore Bus Stop.
2. Mint Street, Sowcarpet - This market is also known as Mini Rajasthan since it provides lehengas, churidars, salwar suits, and kurtis at a reasonable price. The market remains crowded after 2.00 pm. The nearest metro stations to this market are Mannadi and High Court. You can also reach here by the Flower Market bus stop.
3. Sowcarpet Bazaar - This wholesale cloth market in Chennai is famous for providing sarees at affordable costs. They provide the high and best quality sarees to the buyers. The sarees are available in various clothing materials such as georgette, cotton silk, silk, and many more. It is 13 km away from the Chennai Railway Station.
4. Pantheon Street - Pantheon Street, also known as Cotton Street, is situated near Ethiraj Womens College has fabulous collections of cotton salwars, churidar materials and kurtis with elegant colours. This market provides a large variety of women's wear. It is located in Egmore.
Wholesale Market in Chennai for Home Decor
1. Pondy Bazaar - This market is named after a renowned politician known as Soundarapandian Nadar. This market provides a wide range of utensils, accessories, and home decor items. It is situated 30 minutes from the Chennai Central Railway Station, and the nearest metro station to this market is Nandanam Metro Station.
2. Parry's Corner - In this Chennai Wholesale market, you can find almost everything from stationery items, flowers, accessories to home decor items. The market is divided into various streets, 10 minutes from Chennai Central Railway Station.
Other Wholesale Markets In Chennai
1. T. Nagar - T. Nagar, also known as Thyagaraya Nagar, is an exuberant shopping sector selling various things such as textiles, electronics, jewellery, bags and much more. The bustling shopping zone is possessed by outlets and street vendors selling elegant sarees and many products at budget costs. This sector is also well known for its casual eateries and food stalls.
2. Reliance Market City - Reliance Market City is the hub of activity centres for shoppers and is also a prime hang-out spot. With a gleaming interior and a range of goods, this Market City incorporates a product mix- flagship brands catering to a wide range of consumer needs.
3. Parry’s Corner - When the word ‘shopping’ is heard, the first place that strikes the mind is Parry’s Corner. Being the top spot of attraction, this place is well renowned for wholesale and retail business. The place is appreciated for incorporating several brands and retail outlets. Parry remains an integral part of the city’s shopping scene. This area claims not only the honour of being the most visited but also of offering a satiable shopping experience. It is located near Sri Velu Military Hotel.
One of the best aspects of wholesale markets is getting numerous products at an affordable price. These markets prove fruitful if you want to buy things in bulk. That’s why many businesses opt for purchasing things from wholesale markets since they can get them at an affordable price range. If you want to establish in Chennai your own business and offer your customers top quality products, then give Chennai Wholesale markets mentioned in this article a go.