People all around India like sweets and snacks. If you enjoy sweets and snacks and wish to invest in a snack firm, Haldirams is a great choice. Snacks are popular among Indians, whether they are eaten with tea or offered to guests. Sw eets are deeply established in Indian cuisine tradition. Sweets are distributed and eaten whenever there is something to celebrate, whether it is Diwali, someone's birthday, or any other type of celebration. And, in terms of sweets and snacks, there is hardly a better brand in India than Haldiram. For decades, Haldiram has been a source of joy for many Indian families who have eaten and shared the company's goods. Know how to start a Haldiram franchise in India.
Did you know? You can apply for a minimum of 5 Haldirams franchises at once.
About the Company: Haldiram
Haldiram is a massive sweets and snacks manufacturing firm based in Nagpur. The enterprise has production operations in several places, including New Delhi, Noida, Rudrapur, Nagpur, and Gurgaon. The business has its retail network in Delhi, Nagpur, Noida, and Kolkata.
Shri Ganga Bhishen Agarwal established the firm in 1937 as a namkeen and sweets shop in Bikaner, Rajasthan. The business constructed its first production unit in Kolkata, followed by a larger manufacturing factory in Jaipur in 1970. In the 1990s, the business constructed a new production unit in Delhi.
Haldiram was placed 55th on the list of most trusted brands in India in 2014, as per the Brand Trust Report, a survey done by Trust Research Advisory. In 2017, the firm was declared the largest snack company, outperforming both local and foreign competition. The prosperity of Haldiram is not restricted to India. The corporation has a presence in over 80 countries worldwide, along with the United Kingdom, Sri Lanka, Canada, the United States, the United Arab Emirates, Japan and New Zealand.
Haldiram offers its consumers around 400 different products. Traditional namkeens, biscuits, western snacks, Indian sweets, papads, sherbets, and pickles are among the items made by the organisation. The firm also manufactures ready-to-eat packaged foods, for which equipment was brought from the United States in the 1990s.
Why Should You Consider a Haldirams Franchise in India?
- Haldirams Food International Limited has been designated as a Star Export House by the Directorate General of Foreign Trade, a department of the Ministry of Commerce, Government of India. The corporation is HACCP-certified and adheres to stringent international food and safety standards.
- A significant Indian community in other nations has increased the demand for the items. You will undoubtedly be happy to be associated with a brand like the Haldirams franchise. This company will not only make you money, but it will also increase your social standing.
- According to insiders, the corporation has planned to extend its network through franchises in India's tier 1 and tier 2 cities. It provides a profitable business opportunity for anyone interested in investing in profitable branded company operations.
- Haldirams' retail outlets are entirely owned and operated by the firm. None of the existing locations is franchised.
- Haldiram now exports food all over the world. Countries like the United States, the United Kingdom, Australia, and South Africa are big food importers.
- In 2003, Haldirams was labelled as "India's Most Trusted Brand" and "The No. 1 brand" in the ready-to-eat Snack Food category.
How To Apply and Get Haldiram’s Franchise?
- It is tough to obtain a licence for a Haldiram franchise due to its strict limitations. However, an investor can apply for a Haldiram dealership by following the steps below:
- First, the investor must choose the franchise they want to invest in. They can do this by using the internet to research the subject.
- After that, one must contact personnel in the organisation by phone or email to inquire about the franchise.
- The franchisee and the corporation must both sign a franchise disclosure agreement.
- The franchisee must then choose an appropriate site for the business to open.
If a person has a question and wishes to contact the organisation, they can use the following information:
- Haldiram Business Enquiry Details - Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Haldiram Products Contact Details
Address: Chandani Chowk, Delhi-110006.
- Haldiram Marketing Contact Details
Address: B1/H8, Mohan Cooperative Industrial Estate, Main Mathura Road, New Delhi-110044.
- Haldiram Corporate Office Contact Details
Address: Haldiram Export Pvt. Ltd. B1/H3, Mohan Cooperative Industrial Estate Main Mathura Road, New Delhi-110044.
Contact Number: 011-288980010/11, 011-45204100
- Haldiram Snacks Contact Details
Haldiram Address: B-1 Sector 63, Noida 201307 (UP).
Address 2: A-2, 3, 4, Sector 65, Noida 201307 (UP).
Address 3: Industrial Area Rudrapur, Uttaranchal.
- Haldiram Manufacturing Contact Details
Address 1: Kerki Daula Village, NH 8, Gurgaon Delhi, 122001, Manesar
Address 2: B1/F12, Mohan Cooperative Industrial Estate Main Mathura Road,
- Haldiram Customer Support Number: 09021994899/ 0712-2681197
Is the Haldiram franchise profitable business?
- The firm has a ₹400 crore turnover and a ₹1,500 crore brand valuation. They also have a 25% market share in India.
- They became popular because Haldiram's was the first to emphasise the packaging and appearance of their ready-to-eat snacks 70 years ago in Bikaner.
- Haldiram is presently headquartered in Nagpur and is rapidly expanding throughout the country and beyond the world. It is now one of the most well-known snack food manufacturing companies.
- It has an established brand name.
As a result, we may infer that a Haldiram franchise is a potentially lucrative business opportunity.
Types of Haldiram Franchises:
When considering a Haldiram franchise, there are several variables to consider. The firm provides a variety of franchise options. The following are the three categories of franchises given by Haldiram:
- Casual Dinner – To apply for this franchise, you'll need an office, water, and other utilities. The needed size or outlet space for this franchise varies between 2,000 and 5,000 square feet.
- Kiosk – A Haldiram kiosk is the most simple to maintain. To put up a Haldiram kiosk, you'll need at least 75 to 100 square feet.
- Quick Service Dinner – Quick-service restaurants can be large or tiny in size. A quick-service restaurant typically requires 1,000 to 1,500 square feet of space to operate.
Cost of Starting Haldirams Franchise
In general, there are three types of Haldirams franchises:
1. Casual Dining
3. Restaurants that offer quick service.
All of the existing Haldiram outlets in India are owned and operated by the corporation. To increase their business, Haldirams uses three different business models.
1. A casual dinner might cost anything from 1 to 4 crores. This covers two office employees, rent, upkeep, lighting, water, and electricity. You'll require an approximate budget of $2,500,000 to manage the business. This is a demand from Haldiram. Thus it's a must-have capital.
2. Kiosks are the simplest to maintain and need the least capital. Before selling Haldirams goods, you must first obtain valid Haldirams licensing. You may do so by applying for franchise store authorisation on the specified website.
3. Quick Service Restaurants do not need to be large, but they must be in decent locations. One store employee is adequate, and maintenance costs are reduced as well. To start this sort of business, you'll require between 1 and 3 crores in investment cash.
Haldirams Franchise Cost
- Haldirams has a 9-year franchise agreement. Annually, they will keep 2.5% as a loyalty charge.
- The location of your company also influences these factors. This is because, according to Haldirams, rank 2 and tier 1 cities have distinct levies and tariffs.
- Tier 1 cities, i.e. India's metro cities, have substantially higher tariffs than Tier 2 cities.
Area Required to start Haldirams Franchise
- To open a Haldirams franchise, you must live in a specific area.
- As previously stated, Haldirams distributes its franchise network in three formats. As a result, the operational space is determined by the region the Franchisee proposes to open.
- All three models have experienced success in a typical Indian environment. Thus deciding which model to pursue is dependent on how much money you wish to commit.
- Haldiram Franchises require a minimum of 2000 – 5000 Sq.Ft.
- Kiosks — Kiosks should be at least 75-100 Sq.Ft. in size. The location is the most important consideration in deciding whether or not to build a kiosk.
- Quick Service Restaurants – Haldirams Franchises QSR requires 1000-1500 square feet of space.
- The location is not the sole consideration. Profits are also determined by the geography and market competition surrounding your shop.
Haldirams Franchise Training
Compared to other brands, the training required for a Haldirams franchise is fairly light. They are particularly looking for business partners that have aided the city for many years. Haldirams prefers to work with companies with an excellent track record and a good reputation.
- The corporation will offer franchisees a complete operation handbook.
- A two-week training programme is carried out in Kolkata.
Haldirams Franchise Support
Haldirams' customer service is superior to that of most other brands. They have a proven track record of assisting their financial and marketing partners.
1. Haldirams will provide Field Assistance to business owners during the setup process.
2. Its Haldirams-integrated systems and solutions will be deployed when the franchise opens.
Owners will also receive professional advice from the company's headquarters in Kolkata and Delhi.
Profits from a Haldirams Franchise
The profit you make will be primarily determined by the location and franchise model you pick. It goes without saying that if the franchise business can attract many customers, the profits will be high. Keep in mind that a business in a high-traffic area may require a large expenditure, but a store near a market may require a little investment. This also represents the profit margins you want to achieve from your business.
Haldiram's statistics and data and the firm's ambitions for the next few years show that the company is on a road to development and prosperity that shows no indications of slowing down. If you want to invest in a firm that makes sweets and snacks, Haldiram is the finest choice. We hope you found all of the information on the Haldirams franchise useful.
Subscribe to Khatabook for useful business tips.