JioMart is one of India's leading e-commerce companies. It was founded by Reliance Retail and Jio Platforms and is currently based in Navi Mumbai. Before expanding into other product categories like fashion, home essentials, and lifestyle categories, the company initially focused on online grocery sales.
This e-Commerce platform was soft-launched in December 2019. In April 2020, a pilot was launched in a few areas of Thane, Kalyan, and Navi Mumbai. After a month, JioMart made a nationwide rollout by starting its branches in 200 cities and towns across India. Over one million people have downloaded the Jio Mart app since its release.
Jio Mart, also called Desh Ki Nayi Dukaan, aims to integrate digital and physical retail stores to provide Indian consumers with limitless options, superior quality products, and an unparalleled shopping experience by digitally empowering and enabling local merchants/dealers.
This platform connects producers, small kiranas, and consumers to create a win-win model for the entire ecosystem by allowing local businesses to compete on price and supply, and allowing customers to shop for their daily necessities at the click of a button.
Did you know? JioMart operates in all the major cities in India and within 3 years of launching its stores, it has become the topmost E-commerce brand.
Jio Mart Franchise Business
Jio Mart Franchise plans to bring groceries and other daily essentials to the doorsteps of the common man at a reasonable price. The goal of this retail chain is to offer the best value in the market for quality groceries and Fast-Moving Consumer Goods( FMCG) products. Grocery, Food and Beverage (F&B), FMCG, manufacturing units, media, and entertainment are all part of the Jio Mart Franchise. In no uncertain terms, Jio Mart is set to challenge the likes of Amazon, Flipkart, Bigmart, and BigBasket. Even though Jio made a late entry, it is now the telecom industry's dominant player. Similarly, market analysts expect Jio Mart to have a significant impact on the current online grocery market in a short span of time. Jio Mart’s goal is to provide the best business opportunity in the world to Indians. Many people have signed for the pre-registration to the Jio Mart Distributorship. Jio Mart is expected to bring about a retail revolution and break all records in this industry. In the following sections, we'll go over the Jio Mart franchise and distributorship in detail.
Jio Mart Franchise Business Model
Jio Mart is an online product delivery service that can be accessed via the internet. For the success of a delivery platform, the company needs both customers and suppliers/dealers who can help it to complete the supply chain.
Jio Mart is a grocery retailing market that operates on an Online-to-Offline (O2O) basis, where customers can browse products and place orders online before completing purchase transactions offline at the nearest Kirana/grocery store in their area. Currently, Jio Mart orders are delivered by Reliance Retail stores, but the company is working on a hybrid strategy that will integrate its retail outlets and local Kirana stores to fulfil orders faster.
Jio Mart also functions as a standard e-commerce website, in which a customer places an online order through the app or the website, and the goods are delivered within a specified time frame.
A commercial partnership agreement between Reliance Retail and WhatsApp has been signed to help the Jio Mart platform's Digital Commerce business run more smoothly and to support small local merchants. The entire ecosystem collaborates to ensure that customers can find the nearest Kirana store that can deliver products and services to their homes via a seamless transaction with Jio Mart via WhatsApp.
Jio Mart offers many business options such as Delivery Franchise dealership, Jio Mart District Distributorship, Jio Mart State Distributorship, and Jio Mart Retailers State franchise.
Why start a JioMart Franchise/Dealership?
- Groceries and FMCG products are always in demand, so it is a long-term business.
- The Jio Mart platform is rapidly expanding as more people sign up, visit, and place orders. It is the fastest-growing retailer in India.
- Starting a Jio Mart franchise or acting as a distributor in India has the potential to be both financially rewarding and extremely beneficial. The risk is mitigated by the support of a well-known brand such as Reliance Jio.
- Because of Jio Reliance's large customer base, the company also assists you in expanding your network and attracting new customers. This is your greatest advantage as a beginner. Also, Jio Mart gets you more business due to its online presence.
- Jio Mart enables its partners’ complete digitization through the Jio Mart app at the frontend and Jio PoS at the backend, with the philosophy "Customer Aapka, Support Humara". These less digitally savvy merchants can now transact and stay connected with their customers.
- This partnership model assists Kiranas in growing their business and earnings by addressing challenges such as limited product range, space, and delivery.
Prerequisites for starting a JioMart Franchise/Dealership
Registration for Jio Mart vendors can be done online on their website. If you are a retailer looking to expand your business, you can become a Jio Mart Partner. The following are the requirements for becoming a Jio Mart dealer.
- You should be in the distribution business with a well-known brand.
- You should have adequate infrastructure to conduct business.
- You must have a sufficient deposit or financing to run the business.
If you meet the above requirements, you can apply online to become a Jio Mart Distributor. When applying for a distributorship, you must submit the following documents.
- Two passport-size photos
- Photocopy of voter ID or Aadhar card
- Address Proof
- Your shop’s or company’s registration certificates
- GST certificate
- PAN Card
Investment required for JioMart Franchise
Before starting any business, you must be prepared for investment, space, and other necessary things. Here is the breakup of the investment required for a JioMart Franchise.
5 -10 Lakhs
4- 5 Lakhs
First-time Stock Purchase
5 - 7 Lakhs
2 - 2.5 Lakhs
1 - 1.5 Lakhs
Benefits of owning a Jio Mart Franchise
There are many advantages to having a Jio Mart Franchise in India. Reliance Jio's business opportunity has competitive strengths that contribute to a profitable model for all parties involved, including consumers.
- Jio Mart is the most trustworthy brand.
- Because of Jio Telecom, the company already has a market presence and a significant customer base.
- The groceries and FMCG products that are sold through Jio Mart are always in high demand.
- Jio Mart provides customer-friendly services such as no-cost home delivery, express delivery, and no minimum purchase requirement. All these factors lead to business promotion and growth.
- A strong value chain system of processing, collection, and distribution centres spread across India
- A large number of digital commerce channels and store networks are available.
- It has a diverse and strong brand portfolio spanning consumer products, staples, and general merchandise.
- Customers and merchant partners benefit from a hyperlocal digital strategy.
- Retail partnerships are leveraged for new brand launches, activations, and promotions.
- It provides round-the-clock customer service.
Also read: How to Start a Wow! Momo Franchise in India?
- With pre-registration, you can save Rs 3000.
- In addition, the company offers marketing, branding, and advertising services.
- Adequate training is provided at the beginning of the business.
- There is also the option of receiving an additional commission.
- You can purchase the product both online and offline.
- Product profit margins are high.
- Jio Mart also provides a one-of-a-kind solution for converting existing Kirana Stores into refreshed self-serviced stores in less than 48 hours, completely changing the shopping experience for customers.
The growth of the online grocery market in India is fuelled by an increase in digital literacy and the government's efforts to promote digitalization. An increase in internet usage, as well as affordable smartphones, has pushed the online grocery market forward. This expansion is being aided by the digital payment systems.
That's why online grocery shopping is the best option for consumers because of factors like time-saving, convenience, and overall safety. Jio Mart's inclusive business model is a top contender for that choice.
Follow Khatabook for the latest updates, news blogs, and articles related to micro, small and medium businesses (MSMEs), business tips, income tax, GST, salary, and accounting.