Many of you might have come across the notification - 'error! failed to establish the connection to the server. kindly restart the emsigner' on the GST Portal. It is called an emsigner error. This might happen while filing for your GST Return or registering your DSC on the GST Portal. DSC is a 'Digital Signature Certificate' that is used to check whether the user is genuine or not. It is used in place of handwritten signatures while filing for returns and other actions performed on the GST portal.
Why Does The GST Emsigner Error Occur?
GST DSC error or emsigner error occurs due to the change of ports:
1. Earlier the emsigner used the '1645- https://127.0 0.1:1645' port.
2. The new version of emsigner uses a different port '1585- https://127.0.0.1:1585'.
What Does DSC Error or Emsigner Error Look Like?
DSC error in GST happens while registering or updating the Digital Signature Certificate (DSC). It may look like this on your screens:
Error GST emsigner- It occurs while filing for tax returns.
How To Resolve The 'Failed To Establish A Connection To The Server' Error?
The GST emsigner error can happen in any internet browser you are using. It can occur in any of these three browsers:
1. Internet Explorer
2. Google Chrome
3. Mozilla Firefox
Follow the steps mentioned below to fix this error:
Step 1: Uninstall the emsigner software that you had installed earlier from your computer or laptop. To uninstall the software, follow these steps:
- Go to the Start menu and search for Control Panel
- Click on the Control Panel icon. In Control Panel, look for - Adjust Your Computer Settings
- Go to Programs and select Uninstall A Program
- Right-click on emsigner and press uninstall.
Step 2: After uninstalling the old software, install the latest/new emsigner from the Goods & Services Tax portal. Just follow these simple steps:
- Visit https://services.gst.gov.in/services/login.
- Scroll down on the Goods & Services Tax home page. In the help and taxpayer facilities, go to System Requirements.
- The screen will display the following page. Go to the third point- 'Downloading and Installing the web socket installer'.
- You can download the 'Web Socket Installer' from the https://www.gst.gov.in/help/docsigner page of the GST Portal. Open the downloaded 'emSigner.msi file'.
- The screen will display the 'emSigner Setup window'. Click Next.
- Select the folder where you will like to save the software and press Next.
- The software is ready to install. Press Install.
- Your installation is completed. Click on Finish.
- You will find an emSignerGSTN icon on the screen. Right-click on the icon and click on Run as administrator.
- The screen will display a message stating that the 'emSigner service' has started. Press OK.
- On a successful setup, the 'Digital Signature Signer Window' will appear on your screen.
Step 3: Restart your computer after successfully installing emSigner software. Open the emSigner software once after installing to check whether or not it is running properly.
Internet Explorer Solution
Every internet browser has its own settings. Follow the steps mentioned below to solve the 'emsigner error' or 'DSC error' if you are using Internet Explorer to file your GST returns or register your Digital Signature Certificate. The following steps are only for Internet Explorer, they won’t work on Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
- Step 1: Go to the Microsoft website - https://www.microsoft.com/.
- Step 2: Install the latest/new version of Internet Explorer. It is better if you use Internet Explorer to download its latest version than any other internet browser. https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/internet-explorer.aspx
- Step 4: After successfully updating Java, go to 'Control Panel' via the Start menu.
- Step 5: Open the Control Panel and go to Programs. Click on Java.
- Step 6: Click on Security, select 'Edit Site List' and add 'https://127.0.0.1:1585'.
- Step 7: Uninstall the previously installed emsigner from the Control Panel as mentioned above. Install the latest/new version of emsigner from https://www.gst.gov.in/. Note that you should install this emsigner for GST purposes only.
- Step 8: If you have a previously installed GST emsigner, check whether it is still running or not. Go to your desktop screen and click on the Show Hidden Icons at the bottom right on your computer screen. If it is visible here, it means that the emsigner is still running
- Step 9: Restart your computer after the successful installation. You need to right-click on the emsigner and click Run as administrator.
These last steps are the same for Internet Explorer as mentioned in the general solution.
Google Chrome Solution
Google Chrome has a different procedure to resolve the 'error! failed to establish the connection to the server. kindly restart the emsigner'. Go through the following steps to fix this error.
- Step 1: Install the latest version of Google Chrome.
- Step 2: Upgrade your Java to its latest version.
- Step 3: Open the installed version of Google Chrome. Go to its settings.
- Step 4: Under Privacy and Security, go to Site Settings.
Close the Settings tab after entering the URLs.
- Step 6: Go to the Start menu and open Command Prompt. Right-click and hit Run as Administrator.
- Step 7: A black screen will appear. Type the below-mentioned proxies and port codes on the black screen.
'netsh interface portproxy add v4tov4 listenport=1645 listenaddress=127.0.0.1 connectport=1585 connectaddress=127.0.0.1'.
- Step 8: Press Enter on your keyboard and open a new window in Google Chrome and enter the link - 'https://127.0.0.1:1585'.
Click on Hide Advanced and 'Proceed to 127.0.0.1(unsafe)'. You may get an error after clicking on this. Just wait for 15 seconds.
- Step 9: If the Digital Signature pen drive is plugged in your PC, unplug it and plug it in again. You can now file your return using DSC.
Mozilla Firefox Solution
Go through the following steps to resolve the 'failed to establish the connection to the server' error on Mozilla Firefox:
- Step 1: Refer to the steps described for Internet Explorer from Step 2 to Step 9.
- Step 2: Install the latest version of Firefox and Java. Perform the remaining steps as mentioned above.
- Step 3: You need to transfer the valid Digital Signature Certificate into the USB drive. Make sure that emsigner is running. You can check this on the bottom right of the desktop.
- Step 4: After the installation is complete, open Firefox and press Tools. Go to Options and click on Privacy & Security tab. Scroll down to Security and select the following options.
- Step 5: Type the URL 'https://127.0.0.1:1585' on the browser and press Enter. The screen will display an error message.
- Step 6: Click on Advanced. You will see two options - Go Back or Accept the Risk and Continue. Click on Accept the Risk and Continue option. You may or may not get an error at this stage, don't worry. Just wait for fifteen seconds and exit the tab.
- Step 7: If you don't get the above warning message, press the Ctrl, Shift and Del keys on your keyboard. Select the Appropriate Site Preference and click on Clear Now. Perform Step number 5 again.
- Step 8: Try filing your GST return now using the Digital Signature Signer.
- Step 9: If you still do not get the above window on your screen and see the same error 'Failed to establish the connection to the server,’ estart the emsigner', go to point number 4. Then remove the selected tick mark on 'Block dangerous and deceptive content' and try again.
Installation of Digital Signature Certificate
While filing for GST Return with DSC, sometimes a dialogue box appears asking to plugin the token. This error occurs when you are using the DSC pen drive for the first time on your computer.
You need to run a simple setup process for the pen drive to work. Follow the commands given below to install the USB drive on the system that you are using for filing the GST return:
Step 1: First, you need to insert the pen drive with the Digital Signature Certificate in a USB port on your computer.
Step 2: Open My computer via the Start tab. Look for the pen drive in My Computer. It will show up as a letter in the My Computer window. Double click the drive.
Step 3: Open the 'ePass2003India-setup.exe' file as shown in the picture below.
Step 4: You need to run the setup. Select the Customer Service Point option as 'Private CSP'.
Step 5: Complete the installation process.
Step 6: The screen will display a dialogue box asking - 'Do you want to install this certificate'. Click yes and proceed.
Now, you can file your return with Digital Signature.
Steps to fix 'https//:127.0.0.1:1585' error
You must be wondering if there is any quick way to resolve the emsigner error. Yes, there is. But it only works if you have
- installed an emsigner from the GST
- upgraded the Java,
- installed the DSC software.
If you haven't done any one of the things, follow the above-mentioned steps before proceeding further. After you are done with everything, quickly go through the steps mentioned below:
Step 1: Plugin the Digital Signature Certificate pendrive into your system.
Step 2: Make sure that emsigner is running. You can check this from the right bottom of your desktop.
Step 3: Open the browser you are using (Internet Explorer/Google Chrome/Firefox). Write 'https://127.0.0.1:1585' on the search tab and enter.
Step 4: Press the Advanced tab and click on 'proceed to 127.0.0.1 (unsafe)'.
Step 5: Wait for fifteen seconds and retry loading the webpage again.
Step 6: If you don't see the warning window, clear the site preferences by clicking Ctrl, Shift and Del keys and retry.
Key Insight- Make sure you have followed all the steps correctly. If you haven't uninstalled your previous emsigner, this won't work. Try to write 'https://127.0.0.1:1585' properly without any mistakes. Your issue will get resolved after you are done with the above procedure.
'Unable to connect to the installed emsigner'
If you come across the error 'unable to connect to the installed emsigner', shut down other applications that are running on the following ports-
- Port 1585
- Port 2095
- Port 2568
- Port 2868
- Port 4587
Restart the system, and retry.
What does this error mean?
- The 'unable to connect error' means that the emsigner is not able to find a free port out of the ones mentioned above to run on your computer. It also means that an existing software is already using these ports. You need to check your Java and verify the web address.
- If you keep facing the same issue even after configuring and verifying the above details, there is some other issue. The problem still is that all the ports are busy and the emsigner requires a free port. You will need to figure out which other software is using the above ports.
How do you figure this out?
Try uninstalling the software for emsigner and re-install. Check whether it solves your problem. If not, you need to follow the given steps to track down the software-
Step 1: Go to the Start menu. Open all programs, select Accessories and click on System Tools. Find Resource Monitor in System Tools.
Step 2: The screen will display the Resource Monitor. Go to the Network tab and select Listening Ports.
Step 3: Verify port 1585 in the 'Port’ column. If it exists, check out the respective file name or note down its Provisional Identification (PID) number.
Step 4: Find the file name/ Provisional Identification Number in the ‘Overview’ tab. Right-click on the respective file name and press 'End Process'.
Step 5: Try reinstalling and restarting the emsigner once again.
The Digital Signature Certificate errors that show up on the GST portal while filing GST returns or registering your digital signature, primarily happen because there is a new version of the emsigner software necessary for DSC. The new version uses port 1585 on your computer, instead of the 1645 port used by the earlier version. For each internet browser there are various steps to follow to get rid of these errors. Follow them and some additional steps to install the DCS pen drive on your computer and you are good to go.