Taxpayers may now handle all of their financial obligations to the government electronically. Everything involving Goods and Services Tax may be managed in the central hub. This method offers both time savings and technical assistance by eliminating the need for the taxpayer to physically visit the tax offices. The GST portal can be used with simplicity and ease.
Did you know? On September 8th, 2016, the Indian president signed the Goods and Services Tax (GST) bill into law. Creating a level playing field for all taxpayers is a primary goal of the GST's introduction. The long-standing practice of "Tax upon Tax" will be done away with once GST is fully implemented.
What is the GST Portal?
The Goods and Services Tax (GST) Portal may be found at the URL https://www.gst.gov.in/. The GST information is available when you sign up and log in. Registering and filing tax returns and payments or requesting a refund may all be done through this hub. They are also the recipients of vital government alerts and broadcasts, and users can reply to such notifications using this hub. Taxpayers are encouraged to file their returns independently through this site. Users are not required to pay for assistance. For any person or business where turnover is more than ₹ 20 lakh, registration is important and many services are available.
There are main five services of GST portal and they are:
- User Services
- e-Way Bill System
The GST Portal: How to Sign Up?
- The "New Registration" option should be chosen. Please enter your information and attach any relevant files.
- After entering the OTP and the image characters, click the "Proceed" button.
- You'll get a confirmation number after submitting your application. Once you have been issued a GST number, User ID, and password, your application will be complete. This information will get you access to the GST gov site.
- Registering is essential if you are a taxpayer.
How to Register for the GST Online Portal?
- Go to www.gst.gov.in, and then from the homepage, click Login.
- Your dashboard should load at this point (Step 3). You can look at choices like Sending Notices, Paying GST, and Filing a Return.
- When prompted, enter your Provisional ID, User ID, GSTIN, UIN, or GSTP ID and password before clicking the "Login" button.
When Applying for a License, How Can I Check My Status?
- Please check out the GST webpage.
- Choose "Registration" from the "Services" drop-down menu, and then "Track Application Status."
- To find a certain ARN, select the 'ARN' tab, then type the ARN and hit the 'Search' button.
- How far along your registration application is may be checked by following the on-screen prompts.
Is There a Portal Form to Officially Revoke My GST Registration?
- Check out GST's main page.
- To log in, select "Login," then give your User Name and Password.
- To access the services, select that tab. Start by going to the "Registration" tab, where you'll find the "Application for Cancellation of Registration" link.
- Simply enter your address and select the "Save and Continue" button.
- You should review the verification statement and supply the requested information.
- Your newly generated ARN will be sent to you when you submit the form.
Who Needs to Sign Up for GST and Why?
The following people are mandated by GST law to join the taxation system's registry:
- Those who had already registered for other taxes (Value Added Tax, Excise Tax, Service Tax, etc.) before the rollout of GST.
- Every single one of the convenient shopping websites out there.
- Distributors of input services.
- Seller's representatives.
- People who use the reverse charge system to pay their taxes, etc.
How to Submit My GST Return Online?
To submit your GST returns online, please do the following:
- Make sure you have a GST identification number that is 15 digits long and that you have registered for the GST portal.
- Get yourself into the GST system.
- Choose the 'Services' menu item.
- Access the "Returns" screen.
- Choose the fiscal year and the appropriate GST return filing deadline.
- Select "Prepare online" and enter your data
- Choose the "Save" button.
- Activate the 'Submit' button
- Select "Payment of tax" if the return status has changed to "Submitted."
- Choose an "Authorized Signatory" from the list and click the declaration box.
- You'll use your EVC to fill out the form and click "Proceed."
- Pay the Goods and Services Tax
Get GST Portal Registration Information Before You Start
To access the goods and service tax login online Portal, the following links must be clicked on the homepage:
A person or company must register for GST if their annual revenue is more than ₹ 20 lakh. The following subheadings can be found under "Services":
a) Signing Up(Registration)
The 'New Registration' button allows taxpayers to start the application process again. The taxpayer can check on the progress of GST Registration. An application for more explanation can also be submitted. Use the drop-down choices to explore specific topics relating to GST filing. Users are taken to a new screen when they click the "Track Application Status" link.
b) Transfers of Funds
Navigate to the "Payments" menu item. Two features, "Challan Creation" and "Track Payment Status," are available to the taxpayer. As part of the electronic GST payment system, they can use it to generate a challan and monitor its progression.
c) Services to Users
Several options may be accessed from the 'User Services' section of the menu. The taxpayer can look up office locations and create an ID for advance ruling. You may also find a GST Practitioner, make a complaint, browse a list of holidays, and more. Check out the "Search Office Addresses" and "Contact" sections for further options. Use the internet to look for the various federal and state tax authorities' phone numbers, addresses, and email addresses. The locations of regional GST offices are included as well.
d) To Receive a Refund
A taxpayer can access this page by clicking the "Track Application Status" button. If a refund application has already been submitted, it may also be checked on its progress.
e) Electronic Waybill System
Section "E-way Bill System" guides the taxpayer through the e-way bill website. On the e-way bill site, the user may also view the user manual and frequently asked questions.
The GST Law
You may get a hold of the many Acts and rules about good and service tax by clicking on the "GST Law" page. Most current updates, revisions, and notices are available to taxpayers. Here, on the GST site, you may get many necessary information.
You may find this part of the site right on the main page. Facilitates taxpayers' offline GST Returns filing. All of the necessary registration paperwork may be found on this page. The 'Returns offline' tools and other offline tools are available for download by the user.
Search the Taxpayer
Use the search bar to look up a taxpayer by their GSTIN or PAN and confirm their information. This function is available before and after a user logs into the portal.
Help Section in Good and ServiceTax Portal
Taxpayers may get step-by-step instructions for completing their good and service tax returns under the "Help" tab. It includes many helpful resources, including user manuals, how-to instructions, frequently asked questions, videos, and a list of required hardware and software. Taxpayers can refer to it if they have questions about the GST registration or GST return filing procedure.
The user may view all of the year's critical dates for filing GST returns, and monthly and quarterly GST return filing deadlines are included for easy reference. In addition, the taxpayer can look at the revisions to see whether there have been any modifications to the dates that were initially notified.
The Latest Information
Here, the taxpayer is provided with periodic information on GST news. The term encompasses many modifications, such as new deadlines, altered GST procedures, etc.
GST Portal Login Information
Several previously inaccessible homepage features will become available after the taxpayer logs in. When logged into the GST site, these tabs will be visible:
Once a taxpayer has logged onto the portal, they will see the 'Dashboard' portion. Here the user may review all orders and notifications, make changes to their profile, and submit their GST returns. Here, the tax challan is made ready for submission.
I. Getting Started/Signing Up
The portal offers additional features such as Post Login under the 'Registration' menu item.
- First site verifies user for system access
- New User Registration
- Changes to Required Information for Registration
- Verify the Standing of Your Application
- Request for Elaboration on the Form's Filling Process
- Modification of Registration for Non-Essential Fields
- Request for Deregistration of Vehicle.
Four choices will appear for the user under the 'Ledgers' tab.
- Bookkeeping System for Cash Transactions
- A digital record of financial transactions
- Indemnity Register Database
- Compensation for Needs
There are five selectable choices available to the user in this subtab. The e-Filed returns and returns dashboard are available for inspection. Access the Transition Form and monitor the return's progress, if any. Under this menu item, users may also visit the ITC Forums.
There are five distinct payment methods to choose from under "Payments." Taxpayers have access to a challan generator and a history of their challans. View your challan records. Submit the required paperwork to request a delay in payment or installment payment. The schedule of payments is also available for their perusal.
V. Services to Users
Several helpful resources are available to the taxpayer under this heading.
- Verifying the Recorded Programs
- Viewing and GST certificate download
- Trying to track down the GST department and officer contact information
- Putting in a complaint, filing a grievance, etc.
The 'Refunds' submenu is located under the 'Services' post-log. Users can submit claims for refunds and review previously submitted or stored claims. The user can follow invoice information submitted to ICEGATE. The official goods and service tax login page is neat.
The GST Portal provides an easy-to-use, feature-rich system where a business can be registered under Goods and Services Tax. It also has provision for return filing, making it a one-stop solution for goods and services tax Related work. Transaction-wise, the information available is detailed and merchant friendly, making it easier to handle such things as returns filing. The data available is updated in real-time, which makes things such as return filings hassle-free.
Follow Khatabook for the latest updates, news blogs, and articles related to micro, small and medium businesses (MSMEs), business tips, income tax, GST, salary, and accounting.