Note: The information provided in this blog is only for the use of providing brand-related and franchise-related guidance and knowledge to the user. Khatabook does not claim the ownership of any brand-related word in this blog or any other blog on the website.
The concept of buying the franchise of a brand can help the big industrial brand and the small scale business owners. Amul is a well-known Indian brand that has gained the popularity and trust of every Indian. To start a small business without risk, buying a franchise of a well-known brand can help the business grow. Amul or Anand Milk Union Limited was established in 1946 by Tribhuvandas Patel. It has grown and strengthened its roots all along with our country, and today, everyone is very well aware of this brand.
One can easily buy an Amul outlet franchise through a series of processes. The Amul franchise cost varies according to the outlet one needs to set and the products they choose to sell. One may choose only to sell Amul ice cream, so they will have to buy the franchise accordingly. So the price will vary accordingly. Getting an Amul franchise is easy, and the Amul office can be contacted anytime to resolve any issues.
Did you know?
The Amul franchise parlour cost varies from ₹1.5 lakh to ₹ 6 lakhs.
How to Get an Amul Franchise
To get a franchise of Amul, the business owner must have a shop located in an active locality; this can help gain customers. The shop must have the pre-built infrastructure or build an infrastructure according to the products. Any business owner can contact the Amul office to inquire about the process and the initial cost of buying the Amul product franchise. All the Amul products are sold solely by the franchises. A shop with a minimum of 100 to 300 metres square can open an Amul outlet. The outlet can be opened in the school areas, markets, hospitals, train stations, etc. The revenue from the outlets depends on various factors like operational cost, staff cost, and the shop’s location. If the shop is located in an area with competitive outlets brands, it can affect the revenue. This post can help many small entrepreneurs establish an Amul outlet and answer their questions about getting an Amul franchise.
The question to this answer is by applying for Amul dairy franchise products. Now the question arises of how we can apply, and it can be applied with the help of the steps mentioned below. All the information about the Amul franchise cost and procedure are mentioned on their website.
The following steps can be followed to get an Amul franchise:
- Visit the official site to know about the requirements and start the application procedure.
- At the Amul web page’s button, click on the Amul parlour tab and press continue. After that, a page will open with all the information regarding the essentials.
- The page mentioned above will also have an online form linked named “ Online form for Amul parlour”. Click on the link, and the application form will open.
- Fill in the details correctly, along with contact information.
- An email will be sent to the applicant’s mail Id for confirmation and opening procedure, and another Amul office will contact for enquiry to start the franchise business.
- Amul customer care may be contacted regarding the application procedure and the criteria needed to get more information.
It is to be noted that there are many fraud websites with the same name that may give wrong information or charge money for applications. But it must be avoided as the applicant may face money fraud in the mentioned case.
Why Should We Buy an Amul Store Franchise?
Amul is a well-known brand, owing an Amul store franchise is an advantage itself because of the name of the brand. People are more attracted to buying things associated with reputed brands because they rely more on the name and quality of the brand. And when we are talking about Amul, it has its customer chain all around India. This customer chain is what supports small Amul outlets and parlours. The Amul outlet at the school canteen or railway station will have more customers than an outlet selling local ice cream or local milk products. These perks help in raising revenue from the Amul store franchise.
Some of the other benefits of owning Amul store franchise are mentioned below:
- The most notable perk of owning an Amul store franchise is that we do not have to pay royalties to the company. They will provide different margins for a variety of products; this means that the profit margin of an Amul store owner will be higher than their competition. The Amul ice cream has a margin of about 20%, while the milk pouch has a 2.5% margin. Other bakery products have a margin of about 50%, like pizza and chocolates.
- If the owner has financial issues, they can apply for a loan. The Amul office helps in getting the loan for the new establishment.
- There are many opportunities like opening an Amul ice cream parlour, which will act as a chilling hotspot and turn into a cafe. Opening Amul bakery store with milk items and a variety of cheese to sell. Amul also has drinks which can be sold very well by an Amul outlet at or near schools as they are cost-efficient.
Requirements to Set an Amul Store Franchise
Setting up any outlet will require a basic infrastructure. The first requirement is a shop on the road or in a market area, which will attract customers to explore the shop. The shop area is also important as it will allow for products and equipment in the space. If the shop sells dairy products only, it will not require a big space, but if the space is to be utilised for an Amul cafe or parlour, it needs to be more spacious. If the space is big enough for parlours and cafes, it will profit accordingly. For the Amul kiosk, the area needed is about 100-150 square feet.
Another important requirement is the equipment and their cost price. The space must allow space for equipment, and the finance should also support the equipment. For instance, a deep fridge will be the basic requirement to sell most Amul products. For Ice cream parlour, the deep fridge and the interior have to be proper to accommodate customers. Other equipment or tools needed are mixers, pizza oven, cone handler, POS machines, etc.
Also Read: How To Start A Dairy Business
Amul Franchise Cost in India
The cost of establishing an Amul franchise differs depending on the outlet. For instance, a deposit of at least ₹25,000 will be needed for the startup of the milk outlet. Apart from that, the shop rent can go as high as ₹80,000, while the equipment cost will be around ₹60,000.
Similarly, for setting up an ice-cream parlour, ₹50,000 will be the security deposit, ₹3 lakhs to purchase the land required and about ₹1.5 lakhs for the equipment.
Individuals who want to own and operate an Amul parlour on the railway station will need about ₹1,00,000 for a security deposit, between ₹2.5 lakhs and ₹4 lakhs for land and ₹50,000 for equipment.
The cost of Centre of Excellence parlours, also called COE, can vary between ₹2.5 to ₹4 lakhs. Again, the security deposit for space and equipment, about ₹50,000, will be required for each.
As for profitability and revenue, one can earn between ₹5 lakhs to ₹10 lakhs from an Amul store franchise or outlet.
Owning an Amul franchise or outlet is simple if the finance and the process are clear enough. As for Amul’s franchise cost is concerned, an amount of ₹6 lakhs is required to establish an Amul outlet. Before starting up, one should arrange the finance and select a place of interest for the outlet. The ideas mentioned here are effective and are in trend with the modern world to pace a business.
Follow Khatabook for the latest updates, new blogs, and articles related to Amul franchise cost in India, micro, small and medium businesses (MSMEs), business tips, income tax, GST, salary, and accounting.