Note: The information provided in this blog is only for the use of providing brand-related and franchise-related guidance and knowledge to the user. Khatabook does not claim the ownership of any brand-related word in this blog or any other blog on the website.
Flipkart is one of the most preferred e-commerce platforms in India that makes our shopping easy and one of the biggest online stores in India. Their hard work and business policy have resulted in immense success. Today, Flipkart delivers millions of orders to millions of Indians at their doorstep. The company has opened its gateway to the delivery franchise because of increased popularity and to branch its supply chain. They have started their Logistics called Ekart courier service. Since Flipkart has an excellent reputation, franchisors are taking the opportunity of Flipkart delivery franchise. A franchise is a very good business option for people who want to start a business as it is highly profitable. So, let's know about the requirements and steps to starting a successful Flipkart Delivery dealership.
Did you know? The name Flipkart comes from the idea of Flipping products into the cart.
Flipkart, an Indian e-commerce company, was launched in 2007 by Sachin Bansal and Binny Bansal as a platform for selling books online. It steadily expanded its business and progressed into selling other products with the best strategic decisions. It has its headquarters in Bengaluru, Karnataka.
Sachin Bansal and Binny Bansal were alumni of the IIT, Delhi, and both are former Amazon employees. They formed Flipkart in the year 2007. Initially, the company focused on selling books online with country-wide shipping. Flipkart started growing prominently and received about 100 orders per day by 2008. In 2010, The Bangalore-based social book discovery service WeRead from Lulu was acquired by Flipkart in the year 2010.
Flipkart operates several house brands, including home appliances brand Citron and Digiflip, an electronics and accessories brand. In 2017, Flipkart launched additional house brands, including Billion smartphones. It effectively replaced Digiflip, introduced Smartbuy for electronics accessories, and introduced MarQ for large appliances. However, its launch was complicated by a trademark dispute with an existing company, Marc Enterprises.
Flipkart started selling Nokia-brand televisions in 2019. The first product released under that licensing agreement was the 55-inch Android TV-based 4K Smart TV. on June 04 2020, a 43-inch TV was unveiled. Flipkart is a tough competitor for Amazon India and domestic rival Snapdeal in the Indian Market.
Why choose Flipkart for a delivery franchise business?
Due to the Covid pandemic, there is an enormous growth of customers preferring online shopping due to its availability, time and cost factors. Flipkart is one of the e-commerce platforms that is gradually flourished further amidst the pandemic.
- Currently, Flipkart facilitates over 80 million products from a range of categories like home appliances, books, mobile phones, clothes, accessories, electronic gadgets, jewellery, games and toys, footwear, grocery and so on.
- In 2014, the company purchased Myntra for $400 million. The company acquired the online payment website PhonePe and e-commerce platform eBay in 2017.
- Being India's most preferred e-commerce company, Flipkart acquired more than 60% of the market shares with their 2021 Diwali sale.
- In 2016, it became the first-ever Indian digital app to reach 50 million users and at present receiving over 13 million visitors per day.
- The U.S. based retail chain Walmart acquired 77% of the controlling stake in Flipkart for US$16 billion in the year 2018. It was the largest revolutionary moment for Flipkart.
- Their customers and franchise owners are getting easy accessibility and availability since Flipkart provides services across the country. The company always provides a wide range of delivery options to their customers.
To run the service and maintain the delivery speed as required, Flipkart uses the latest technology and sophisticated automated systems. Since the cost of starting a franchise is not that high with Flipkart, anyone can start their Franchise. It offers minimum security- deposit. Flipkart provides customer service for any shipping related issues 24/7. Plus, it's a well-established brand with a loyal user base. That's why starting a Flipkart Delivery Franchise, also known as Ekart Delivery Franchise, would be profitable. Flipkart logistics is best preferred because it offers same-day delivery, cash on delivery, etc.
Who is Eligible to apply for Flipkart Delivery Franchise?
Any individual who is an Indian citizen can apply for the Flipkart franchise. There is no specific skill or education required for this. All you need is to learn about basic logistics functions and activities to manage your business. You should be dedicated and committed to this delivery business. Determination, dedication and consistency are crucial to bringing success to any business.
What are the requirements for Flipkart Delivery Franchise?
Flipkart Delivery Franchise cost and investment requirements:
The Flipkart franchise cost is around ₹50000 to ₹300000.
- For each Pincode registration, ₹50000 is required as security money.
- Atleast 5 to 10 people as a workforce are required for the daily operations of the Flipkart Delivery Franchise.
- All the employees should be well experienced. They must have the basic educational qualifications and be given routine training before joining the job.
To collect the Flipkart delivery hub packages, you should invest in a car and an office to regulate your work.
- To deliver the goods to the customers, you need a bike or a scooter.
You need to have at least 400 sq. ft to 7500 sq. ft storage space to run the franchise. If you have your own space, you can use it. If you don't, you can rent or lease a property. You can refer to Flipkart Franchise approval guidelines from their website to better understand their terms and conditions.
What is the Profit margin of the Flipkart Franchise?
Flipkart is emerging as an e-commerce leader in the Indian market, with around 60% of the market share during the last festive season. The chance of profit is higher with each delivery made. You can make ₹5 - ₹10 lakh profit in a year. Therefore, we may infer that a Flipkart Delivery Franchise is a potentially lucrative business opportunity.
What are the documents required for Flipkart Delivery Franchise?
You have to submit the following documents for verification:
- Certificate of ownership in case of own property and rent or lease agreement in case the property is rented or leased.
- Adhaar card or PAN card (Permanent Account Number): PAN card is mandatory to start any business in India. For Address certification, you need to submit an Aadhaar card. You also need to submit other documents like the Ration card, electricity bill as well.
- GST Registration Certificate. You can apply for GST registration on the GST portal.
- Bank account details with recent transactions
- Demand Draft
- No objection certificate
What type of vehicles are required for Flipkart Delivery Franchise?
To run a Franchise franchise business, you need two-wheelers to deliver goods to the customers and four-wheelers to collect the packages from the delivery hub. Any vehicles that are in good condition can be used for parcel delivery.
About Franchise Agreement
Franchise agreements and terms & conditions are crucial parts of any business. Before finalizing the contract, you must read all the terms and conditions. Once you sign the papers, you are obliged to follow company rules.
What about Flipkart Delivery Franchise training?
Flipkart Delivery Franchise has to deliver excellent transportation services. Flipkart provides every franchise owner with the necessary training required to maintain this. To start the Flipkart Delivery Franchise, you don’t require any special equipment. However, you can buy some devices like a real-time location finder for tracking your drivers and POS devices, etc. It also offers training in your preferred city. A training location will be chosen according to the franchise location that you have chosen.
Agreement Terms and Conditions: Approval criteria for the Flipkart franchise are mentioned in the company’s franchise terms and conditions, but it is not publicly disclosed. Generally, franchise agreements are for 4 years, the same can be deemed for Flipkart. After the agreement period is terminated, you can renew or stop the business.
What are the necessary accessories to run Flipkart Delivery Franchise?
For providing courier services, you need the mandatory items as follows:
- Packaging Tapes: Tape is used for product sealing and packaging.
- Computer: Since everything is computerized, a desktop computer or laptop must update the delivery status.
- High-speed internet connection: A good internet connection is mandatory for transmitting data.
- Scanner/BarCode reader/printer.
- Shipping label: for specific products recolonisation and handling.
How to apply for Flipkart Delivery Franchise?
There is no application form available for Flipkart Delivery Franchise. All you need to do is to contact the Ekart support team or visit the regional office address or through email or phone number. Flipkart does not entertain any delivery franchise application form from the public. If you want to start the Flipkart delivery franchise, you have to contact the company officials.
How to Contact Flipkart?
The official address of Flipkart store is –
The Manager, Flipkart Internet Private Limited,
Vaishnavi Summit, Ground Floor,
7th Main, 80 Feet Road, 3rd Block,
Koramangala, Bengaluru, Karnataka, India.
Telephone: 1800 208 9898
Official website: https://www.flipkart.com/
You can contact the company for the Flipkart delivery franchise through email since it is the most advisable way.
Flipkart's statistics and the firm's ambitions for the next few years show that the company is on the road to growth and prosperity that shows no indications of slowing down. If you want to start your franchise business, you must have minimum experience in logistics before investing a lump sum of money in the company. With proper experience, knowledge, and understanding of the business, you can make your logistics franchise profitable. Flipkart has a good profit margin for the people who can understand the work and workflow accordingly. So, follow the steps and requirements before applying for the Flipkart courier services. We hope you found all of the information on the Flipkart Delivery franchise useful.
Follow Khatabook for the latest updates, news blogs, and articles related to micro, small and medium businesses (MSMEs), business tips, income tax, GST, salary, and accounting.