The Employees' Provident Fund Organization (EPFO E- Sewa) offers three social security programs for workers in businesses and other establishments and is always working to improve its schemes and offers. The procedure for obtaining the benefits has been outlined in the article and is user-friendly and easily accessible. Information regarding all the services offered, as well as application forms for employees and pensioners, are all accessible for download.
Did You Know? Employers can access several PF-related services on the portal, including account transfers, ECR or Challan submission, establishment searches, etc.
Overview: EPFO E-Sewa
There are many advantages to using the EPFO E-Sewa, including paperless submission. It is a simple-to-use service where you may register without the hassle and make payments easily. The EPFO also provides employers with various online services and offers an external website that opens in a new window.
Equal benefits are provided to male and female employees and additional benefits for workers who had to leave their jobs due to physical incapacitation. The nation's youth, who are also potential clients, can learn all there is to know about the amenities and advantages offered or starting their own business.
Employers can submit the Electronic Form once they have subscribed to the portal. The uploaded return data is shown using a cryptographically signed file that can be saved online in PDF format. The document is also printable and can be downloaded. After it has been accepted electronically by the employer, a Challan based on the uploaded form will appear on the screen.
The employer may also pay through their bank’s internet banking service. He or she may also print a copy of the Challan and pay at any State Bank of India branch listed on the website. It is recommended that the employer retains both a soft and a physical copy for reference and recordkeeping purposes.
Steps to Register for EPFO E-Sewa
Employee Provident Fund (EPF) is considered as a retirement benefits scheme for all registered salaried employees.
Please follow the steps below to register for and use the e-Sewa Facility:
- Visit the site https://unifiedportal-emp.epfindia.gov.in/epfo/
- Register your business/ organisation on the EPFO website.
- The portal will provide you with a username and password for your mobile device. This is a temporary step.
- Log in using the temporary username and password provided
- Generate a permanent Login Id as well as a new password in order to log in and access all of the e-Sewa portal's features.
- The user is required to fill out the details in the spaces provided and attach documents pertaining to the organization's identity, residence proof, and other information.
- Once the application is received, it can take approximately a week to process the application.
- Users can download the program file and their returns document by entering the desired information.
Benefits of using EPFO E-Sewa
EPFO e-Sewa Portal facilitates with information including contributors can trace EPF balance, preceding or cutting-edge company, withdraw finances, and plenty extra. Documents are uploaded on the website and thus it saves time as a physical submission is not required.
- Instant Payment online, and the receipt is sent to the registered mobile number.
- Data is verified online, and annual accounts data can also be downloaded.
EPFO launched ECR or Electronic Challan cum Return from the Month of April 2012 (March paid in April). Employers are requested to sign up their institutions and create their user identification and password through this portal.The registered employers can upload the digital return and the uploaded go back statistics will be displayed through a digitally signed copy in PDF format.
Steps to Download E-Return
EPFO has been a robust governing body that came into existence as a part of the Employees’ Provident Fund. The following are the steps for downloading E-Return:
- Go to https://www.epfindia.gov.in
- Click on the e-Return section or go to https://www.epfindia.gov.in/site en/E-Return.php.
- Ensure your system has the necessary components like Crystal Reports 10_5, DotNetFX35, and Windows Installer 3_5. Available on the website. Image
- This page contains download links for two different versions of the e-Return Tools. e-Return Tool Version 6.1 and e-Return Tool Version 5.0 are available on the Internet. Image
- Under the "Help Files and Instructions" section find important and useful links such as the User Manual, Installation Instructions, and the tool's changelog.
Steps to Generate Challan
EPF e-Sewa portal provides a paperless option for submitting KYC-related information. The following are the steps for generating challan:
- Log in using your credentials for the EPFO E-Sewa portal.
- Upload the ECR by selecting 'ECR Upload' from the 'ECR' module. Ensure the date and year details are correct for the ECR.
- If the file was successfully uploaded, a page appears that gives the summary. Enter the 'Total EDLI Contribution, (Employees Deposit Linked Insurance Scheme) ' 'Total EPF Administrative/Inspection Charges,' and 'Total EDLI Administrative/Inspection Charges' on this sheet. Update the 'Contribution Rate'. This value is set to 12% by default, however, you can modify it to 10% if applicable to your company. Click submit.
- A PDF file with digital signature is generated. If the number of members in the file exceeds 200, you must wait for an SMS alert before viewing or downloading the file. Kindly check the data in the PDF file against the ECR text file you submitted.
- You are now required to approve the PDF file (after validation of data) by clicking the “Approve” button.
- When the ECR file is authorised, a TRRN (Temporary Return Reference Number) is assigned to the uploaded file. The Challan Receipt File and Acknowledgement Slip for this ECR are then displayed.
- To download click “Challan Receipt File”.
- Print this challan with the TRRN number. You can manually fill in the information under the 'For establishment use only' heading.
- Make payment directly through State Bank of India net banking services along with the challan, or present a cheque/DD at a specified branch of the bank.
- When the cheque is released, you will receive an SMS notification. This concludes the month's ECR submission process.
What is EDLI?
EDLI Employees Deposit Linked Insurance Scheme covers imperative for every individual. This is really beneficial for the private sector employees who fail to enjoy the same benefits enjoyed by the public sector employees. Hence to increase the benefit of life insurance scheme in the public sector this is a successful plan launched by the goverment to support the employees of private sector.
For Android Users: EPFO UAN E-Sewa
For Android users the EPF UAN E-Sewa Helpdesk app is available. The application resolves all issues about the Universal Account Number (UAN). The following are the product's primary features:
- The app allows you to obtain the EPF UAN Registration (number) online.
- Allows you to activate your UAN.
- Can check the status of the UAN.
- Use the app to download your EPF e-Passbook.
- Check Provident Fund balance.
- The app also includes a KYC feature for ease and convenience.
- Simple to use and navigate.
- Check the status of your claim, and can also update any other profile-related information.
- Integrates all of your provident fund accounts.
- There is also an Online Claim Transfer Portal (OCTP)in the app.
Preconditions For Generating An ECR
EPFO provides various services to organizations and their employees, helping them understand various aspects of the fund.The following are the prerequisites for generating the challan:
- The establishment/ organisation should be registered on the Employer e-Sewa portal.
- You should have created the ECR text file and downloaded the ECR file format.
Advantages of using EPFO E-Sewa
EPFO also takes care of maintaining the EPF accounts of all employees and enforcing the EPF Act across India. The EPFO E-Sewa had tremendous potential. The benefits of the E-Sewa portal include:
- The flexibility of paperless working and submissions for all and any services of the EPFO.
- Other returns, such as Forms 5/10/12A, 3A, and 6A, are no longer required.
- Once the payment is done, the confirmation/receipt is immediately sent to the registered mobile number via an SMS.
- The EPF payment is credited to all members' accounts every month.
- The annual accounts slips are available online for viewing and recordkeeping purposes.
- Employers can submit a request for annual slips using the platform to get the previous year’s account slips.
If your employer has not contributed to your provident funds or has made a payment default, you can make an online complaint. To make your complaint online, simply fill out an online form and provide facts about your organization and other details about your grievance. Members can also track the status of their registered complaints and send a reminder to the EPFO.
Registering on the EPFO E-Sewa portal gives a variety of features such as deduction overview, total payments, and so on. It allows the employer to keep track of the numerous payments deducted from the employee's salary. Employees nowadays keep track of whether or not their wage deductions are being remitted. This allows them to keep an eye on both the company and their earnings.
Follow Khatabook for the latest updates, news blogs, and articles related to micro, small and medium businesses (MSMEs), business tips, income tax, GST, salary, and accounting.