Are you a salaried employee and have queries about your EPF? Here is an introduction to EPFO E SEWA, which will answer all your questions. EPFO E-SEVA PORTAL is a platform through which you can manage your employee provident fund details.
EPF: Employee Provident Fund is one of the retirement benefits schemes available to all employees. Employee Provident Fund contribution is twelve per cent of the basic salary of an employee. For the financial year 2020-2021, the interest rate applicable to the Employee provident fund is 8.5 per cent.
EPFO: EPFO refers to Employees Provident Fund Organization. It is a legal body made by the government. It came into existence in 1951 and is under the Ministry of Labour and Employment. EPF motivates people to retain savings for retirement.
Employee Provident Fund Organization is managed by the Central Board of Trustees, which operates under three schemes. They are
1. The Employees’ Provident Fund Scheme
2. The Employees’ Pension Scheme
3. The Employees’ Deposit Linked Insurance Scheme.
EPFO is an organisation set to help the Central Board of Trustees (EPF) is under the Ministry of Labour and Employment.
Also Read: PF Calculator - Calculate EPF Online
E-Sewa portal is an online portal available for the Employee Provident Fund requests. Through this portal, you can use online services without visiting the EPFO office physically. You can obtain all the details regarding the contributions made, along with other features.
Threshold limit for the organisations to register
Organisations with more than 20 employees are required to register with EPFO as per PROVIDENT FUND ACT.
Steps for registration
- The employer should register his organisation on EPFO E- SEWA PORTAL.
- The EPFO E- SEWA PORTAL will send a system-generated username and password to the registered mobile number of the employer for the initial login. Login with this temporary username and password and create your permanent user ID and password.
- The next step is to enter all the required fields and then attach all the documents such as identity, proof of address, and other details.
- Now submit your application. Usually, it takes a week to process the application by the department.
- Once your application gets processed and approved, you can start filing your returns.
Benefits Of Online Registration
The paperwork involved is almost zero. As documents are uploaded online instead of physical verification of documents, you will save time.
- An easy and smooth online payment system helps in quick payments. Also, any payments you make are confirmed through SMS.
- Online data verification is possible, which can be helpful at times.
Usage of EPFO E SEWA facility
- After the completion of the registration process, the employers can upload their electronic return.
- The uploaded return of the employer will be shown as a digitally signed copy, and you can save the same in a PDF format. You can also print it for record-keeping.
- After getting approved, a challan will appear on the screen based on the return uploaded.
- The employer can pay through internet banking. There is also an option of printing a hard copy of the challan and then paying it at nearby bank branches.
- As a reference and for documentation, the employer should maintain both a hard copy and a soft copy of challan.
Here are the steps to download the E-return tool:
Visit the EPFO website.
- Go to the e-return section.
- Download required components such as windows installer 3_5.
- You can see the download links for two tools of different versions. You can click on the required link and download it.
- Under the heading ‘Help files and instructions, you can get through your user manual instructions for installation and other FAQs.
Also Read: EPFO Login Portal and Latest News
Steps to generate E-challan
- Log in to the E-SEWA portal.
- You should choose the option ECR upload and upload the ECR generated. You should cross-check the month and year for which ECR is being uploaded.
- After uploading the text file correctly, a summary page pops up on the screen. Enter the ‘Total EPF inspection charges, Total EDLI contribution and separate charges for inspection. A twelve per cent contribution rate is applied by default. But you can change it to ten per cent if it applies to your organisation. Finally, submit your ECR.
- The site will display a digitally signed file on the screen. You must wait for an SMS alert, and after that, you should cross-check the data in the PDF with the ECR file uploaded.
- In the next step, you must approve the PDF and click the approve button to generate EPF challan.
- The website will generate a temporary return reference number (TRRN) once ECR gets approved. It will display a challan receipt file and a slip of acknowledgement on the screen.
- You can download the challan receipt by clicking on the option ‘download ‘.
- Print the downloaded challan with the TRRN number.
- Update the details under the heading ‘for establishment use only’ manually.
- You can make an online payment to the State Bank of India through the online portal of SBI. You can also pay through a demand draft or cheque, which you should submit at the designated bank branch.
- After the cheque gets realised, EPFO will send an SMS alert to you. This ECR filing process for a month is now completed.
The following are the preconditions for generating electronic challan cum return (ECR):
- The employer already should have registered the organisation on the Employer E-SEWA Portal.
- They have downloaded the ECR.
- The employer should be familiar with the FAQs given on the website to get a clear idea regarding the process.
UAN Member E-SEWA for android apps:
- Universal account number (UAN), a twelve-digit number, is issued by the Ministry of employment and labour under the government of India. It is provided to all members of EPFO. Thus, they can easily manage their PF accounts.
- UAN has been allotted by the scheme called Employee provident fund (EPF) for the beneficiary of every person. You can become a member of the EPF if the person is a salaried employee and has to make a compulsory contribution.
- UAN login portal is a single platform through which an employee can connect and access all his pf accounts. Many details like KYC details, UAN card, and service records are available to the members of EPF on this portal. For the members of EPF e-Sewa, the process of transfer and withdrawal of the provident fund has become much easier and simple.
UAN Member Portal for Employee
- The very first thing is to have a UAN that is activated. To activate UAN, you must open the EPF Member Portal and then go for the option 'Activate UAN.’ Give all details and information regarding your UAN, Aadhaar, PAN, Member Id, mobile number, name, email, and date of birth.
- Next is to click on ' Get Authorisation PIN' to receive the PIN on the registered mobile number. Enter the PIN received on your registered mobile number to verify.
- Finally, create your username and password for the UAN portal.
The following are the steps for the login to UAN Member Portal for Employee.
Visit the EPFO website.
- Click on 'Our services’ and then select ‘For Employees’
- Then go to ‘Member UAN /online services.'
- Enter all information required like UAN, PF member ID, registered mobile number on the redirected page.
- Fill the Captcha
- Click on 'Get authorisation PIN.'
- Click ' I Agree' and then enter the OTP, which is sent to the registered mobile number.
- Now by entering a password sent to a registered mobile number, you can access the portal.
UAN Member Portal for Employer
The steps to login into the EPFO portal for employers are almost similar to that of employees. The following are the steps for the login to UAN Member Portal for Employer:
- First of all, the employer should visit the EPFO website.
- Click on EPFO Employer login. The right-hand side of the page shows an option for sign-in.
- Then 'sign in' using the username and password.
- Next, it will be redirected to another page of the employer's EPFO portal, where the employer should enter the KYC details.
How to register at UAN Member Portal
The following are the steps mentioned to activate your UAN for logging into the UAN login Portal:
- First, you should visit the EPF member portal.
- In the 'important links ' section, click on ' activate UAN' OPTION
- Then submit all the required details and click on ' Get authorisation PIN.'
- EPFO will send a PIN to the registered mobile number.
- You should enter your PIN for the activation of your UAN account.
- Now EPFO will send an SMS to the registered mobile number for the generation of password.
- After every login session, it is recommended to change the password.
Know your UAN status
The following are the steps mentioned to know your UAN status of an employee with an existing EPF account:
- Visit the website www.epfoesewa.com
- Click on ' know your status,'
- Then enter all the required details like member id, PF number, pan, aadhaar, etc.
- Click on member ID and fill in all the necessary details like the currently residing state and the current office and your member ID and mentioned in your salary slip.
- You need to submit other required details like name, contact no, date of birth, and then you need to enter the Captcha.
- Press on ' Get authorisation PIN.'
- OTP will be sent to the registered mobile number. Then you should enter OTP and press on ' validate OTP’ and get UAN.
- EPFO will send your UAN number and status to the registered mobile number.
How to Reset Passwords at UAN Member Portal
The following are the steps mentioned to reset the password at UAN Member Portal:
- Open the login page and then press on ' Forgot Password.'
- Submit your UAN number and enter the Captcha
- Click on Send OTP then OTP will be sent to the registered mobile number
- Enter the OTP and click on submit button
- Now you can reset your password.
Advantages of using E-SEWA portal for employers
EPF E- SEWA benefits include
- Employers have an option of choosing no paper return.
- Other returns under forms 5/10/12A,3A, and 6A are not required to be submitted any longer.
- The EPFO will send a hassle-free confirmation through SMS once the payment is made.
- EPF contribution will be credited every month in the account of the member.