Wondering what EPF is? Employees' Provident Fund (EPF) is a retirement benefit program administered by the Employees' Provident Fund Organization. On a monthly basis, both the employee and the employer contribute to the EPF plan in equal proportions of 12% of the base income and dearness allowance. The Employee Pension Scheme receives 8.33 per cent of the employer's contribution.
Did you know?
The EPFO board is comprised of the employer, employees, and representatives of the government. This board manages the EPF.
Eligibility Criteria for Availing EPF
The eligibility criteria for availing of EPF are given as follows-
- Employees must become active participants of the program in order to receive advantages from it.
- Employees of an organisation are directly eligible for Provident Fund, insurance, and pension benefits from the day they join the organisation.
- Any organization employing a minimum of 20 workers is required to provide EPF benefits to its employees.
- This scheme does not fulfill the requirement of residents of Jammu and Kashmir.
Advantages of EPF
The following are the advantages of the EPF scheme:
- It aids in long-term financial savings.
- There is no need to make a single, large investment. Deductions are taken from the employee's salary on a monthly basis, which helps to save a significant amount of money over time.
- It can provide financial assistance to an employee in the event of an emergency.
- It aids in the saving of money for retirement and the maintenance of a comfortable lifestyle.
What is EPFiGMS?
The EPF system is a government-sponsored savings plan. The Employees Provident Fund Organisation manages the system, which organises all donations and ensures that the correct money is given to the correct person. With so many EPF participants, it's clear that if any queries or complaints arise, members must either approach the employer or suffer difficulty resolving their issues. However, the government, through EPFO, established a brilliant procedure for handling EPF complaints and queries. The framework will address this issue and assist in linking EPFO assistance to EPF members. Staff and managers save time and money by being able to resolve issues online. The EPFO's upgraded I-grievance management system, commonly known as EPFiGMS, makes it easier for stakeholders to communicate their issues and grievances to the EPFO. It includes a part that reminds you to search for and respond to any outstanding service complaints. Applicants can also utilise the website to track the status of their problems.
The EPF Grievance Management System, commonly called the EPFiGMS, is an official portal for epf grievance register. All enrolled EPF members, including employers, PF members, and EPF pensioners, will be able to use this platform to file complaints, grievances, and inquiries. These will be addressed online using this portal.
Filing of an EPF Complaint Online through the EPFiGMS portal
EPF members can epf grievance register online through the EPF i-Grievance Management System. It not only allows you to file your complaints, but it also answers all of your questions. You can also use the site to check the status of a pending request.
Employees' Provident Fund Organisation members who contribute to the Employees' Provident Fund (EPF) scheme may file grievances using the EPF i-Grievance Management System. The website also allows you to check the status of your request and register complaints/questions.
Issues for Which Grievances Can Be Filed
There are a number of issues for which Grievances can be filed. These include the following-
- Transfer of PF Accumulation into a New EPF Account
- Final Settlement of Pension
- Final settlement of EPF or withdrawal of EPF
- Cheque Returned or Misplaced
- Scheme Certificate
- Payment of Insurance Benefit
- Issue of PF Balance/PF slip
- Any other concerns
Procedure for the Registration of EPFiGMS Complaint
The procedure to register the complaint on the EPF i-Grievance Management system has been given below in detail-
1. To begin, members should go to the official website of the EPF Grievance portal.
2. Then there will be an option to Register Grievance. Click on the option
3. Choose one of the options presented under the 'Status' column.
4. If you don't know the PF number, select 'Others.'
5. Enter your Universal Account Number or the UAN and security code.
6. After entering the UAN, you need to click on Get Details.
7. The screen will display your name, UAN, email address, and phone number.
8. Now, click Get OTP and input the OTP that was received to your registered mobile phone number.
9. Select the PF account number from the Personal Details area.
10. In the Grievance Details area, pick the sort of grievance you have, as well as its category and description.
11. Attach any supporting papers to your complaint. This is accomplished by selecting Choose Files and then Attach.
How to Check EPF Grievance Status
The procedure for determining the status of a complaint is straightforward. The following is a step-by-step approach for checking the status of the complaint:
- For checking the status, one needs to visit the official website of the EPF Grievance Management system.
- Select ‘View Status’ from the menu.
3. Enter the registration number you were given when you registered the complaint.
4. Enter the grievance password or cellphone number/email ID if the complaint was registered on an earlier version of the website.
5. Enter the security code that appears on the screen.
6. Click the 'Submit' button.
7. The complaint's status will be displayed on the screen
Sending Reminder Regarding EPFiGMS Complaint
People can send reminders if their complaint is not resolved in a timely manner. This can be done through the official grievance portal. The procedure for the same has been given below-
- For sending a reminder, visit the official website of the EPF Grievance Portal.
- On the website, there will be an option Send Reminder. Select that option.
3. When the next screen opens, you will need to enter the registration number that you received at the time of filing the complaint.
4. If an earlier version of the website was used to register the complaint, the grievance password or mobile number/email ID must be supplied.
5. After that, type in the reminder description and security code.
6. Click the 'Submit' button. Concerning the complaint, a reminder will be given to the appropriate department.
We hope the article has given you relevant information regarding the registration of EPF grievances through the EPFIGMS portal, including the issues for which grievances can be filed along with the procedure of registering EPFIGMS complaints and knowing the status of complaints along with the remainder of the same.
Follow Khatabook for the latest updates, news blogs, and articles related to micro, small and medium businesses (MSMEs), business tips, income tax, GST, salary, and accounting.