Unified Payment Interface is a structure powering multiple bank accounts in a single mobile application.Using a recipient's UPI ID or a scanned QR code with the BHIM app, you may send them a direct bank transfer. Money transfers from a UPI ID may also be requested using the app. Customers may simply use their mobile devices to complete transactions in seconds. You can read the BHIM app review to get the answer to your question, is BHIM app safe?
Did you know? BHIM is the tiniest mobile application. It can be used on smartphones, in fact, even on feature phones that cost between Rs. 1000 and Rs. 1200. Since internet access is not required and a new function is now being tested, BHIM's potential is limitless.
Also Read: How Secure is BHIM UPI? | A Complete Guide
Functions of BHIM UPI
Let's discuss some functions of the BHIM UPI app.
- Transfer Funds
If you use the BHIM app, you may send money to a bank account right away. You may do business with anyone worldwide by sending money to their Virtual Payment Address (VPA), account number and IFSC or by scanning their QR code.
- Asking for Financial Support
How comfortable are you with asking for monetary aid from others? It's simple with BHIM UPI. Enter your Virtual Payment Address into the BHIM app's Request Money section to receive funds (VPA).
- Scan & Pay
Do you still use your VPA (Virtual Payment Address)? Don't worry; just scan your payment, and you're ready. To begin making a payment, just scan the QR code using the Scan & Pay feature. Establishing a one-of-a-kind QR code for use in transactions and payments is a great option for any company.
If you use BHIM UPI, you may view your past payment transactions and any requests that are still outstanding. The report issue button inside the transaction may also be used to file a complaint.
Information concerning your account, like your fixed QR code, payment contact, etc., may be found in your profile. The QR code may also be distributed by email, instant messaging programs like WhatsApp, and other similar channels.
- Bank Account
The BHIM UPI bank account feature updates you on the present position of your interconnected bank accounts and associated UPI PIN. In addition to establishing or modifying your UPI PIN, you can also modify the financial institution it is attached to by selecting Change Account from the drop-down box. You may easily request the associated bank account by clicking on the link.
Also Read: Offers on Credit Card Bill Payments - Cashbacks, Rewards Points & More
How BHIM UPI Operates?
BHIM UPI is a mobile app that requires users to input their financial information after installing the app on their smartphone. The next step is to send money by choosing the recipient's name from your phone contacts or manually inputting their one-of-a-kind payment address. The most advantageous feature of BHIM UPI is that it enables users to make digital payments using their cell phones without requiring them to submit any financial information.
Is It Secure to Use BHIM UPI?
It is risk-free to use BHIM UPI. Payments may be authorised using fingerprint authentication or a personal identification number (PIN), making it a safe and reliable payment method. So the answer to the question is BHIM app is safe is yes. The software uses the Unified Payments Interface (UPI), a technology for mobile banking created by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) that enables users to transfer funds instantly across bank accounts. India's greatest economic institutions group and sole regulated payment system provider, NPCI, supports the BHIM app.
Benefits of the BHIM App
The BHIM app offers several benefits compared to more conventional payment methods like cash and checks. Some are as follows:
- There is no need to visit a bank or other financial institution; payments may be done swiftly and conveniently online.
- Thanks to the convenience of cashless transactions, you don't need to lug along any cash or checks.
- Secure transactions may be made using personal identification numbers and other authentication methods.
- The BHIM app or your bank's internet banking interface makes keeping tabs on your transactions simple.
How to Register for a BHIM UPI Number?
Instructions for creating a BHIM ID are as follows:
- BHIM may be downloaded from both the App Store and the Google Play Store.
- One-Time Password (OTP) to the number you provided by text message; use that to access this service.
- For the registration process to begin, you must fill out a form with your name, email address, and password.
- After signing up for the BHIM app, you'll be assigned a unique user ID that may be used to make and receive payments.
- Your BHIM ID may be further protected by establishing a four-digit UPI PIN to start using your UPI ID, you may now log in.
How to Add a Bank Account to BHIM UPI ID?
You may follow the instructions below if you want to link your bank account to your BHIM UPI ID.
- Get in touch with your BHIM UPI ID account and sign in.
- Choose "Bank Accounts" from the primary menu to get your money.
- Click upon the given icon in the table's top-right corner to create a new account.
- Put in your banking information.
- Pick "Save" from the menu.
- With a BHIM UPI ID, you may link your bank account to online payment services like PayTM and use your bank account to send and receive money.
How to Use BHIM With No Internet Connection?
Even with a simple feature phone, it is possible to make digital transactions. BHIM allows users to send money between their bank accounts regardless of whether or not they have access to a smartphone or the internet. The procedure is as follows:
- Simply enter *99# on your phone's keypad.
- To respond, please provide the first four digits of the bank or IFSC code you wish to use.
- You may choose which one to use for the transaction if you have more than one bank account linked to the BHIM app.
- Type the last six digits of your debit card, then a space, then the expiration date in MM/YY format, and hit the Reply button.
- Fill in the 6-digit PIN code.
- Once you've signed up for the BHIM app, you may access the menu in the image below by dialing *99#.
How to Make a Payment using BHIM UPI ID?
Follow these procedures to send money using your BHIM UPI ID:
- To make a payment using BHIM UPI, use the app or website designated for that purpose.
- Enter your login information for your BHIM account.
- Use the UPI payment option by clicking the button.
- Make a choice that corresponds to your BHIM UPI ID.
- Put in the cash sum, you're willing to pay.
- Pick the "Make Payment" option.
Also Read: All About UPI– United Payments Interface
Negatives and Positives of the BHIM App
After India's demonetisation, the BHIM app took off. The app's development and release coincided with a growing interest in digital payment methods in India. The BHIM app has been overtaken in recent years by other, more feature-rich apps that also use the UPI framework. But many users still like utilising the BHIM app over these alternatives.
Positives of BHIM's Mobile App
- The Indian government created the safest UPI app in India.
- You may use the BHIM app without having mobile banking enabled if you have a bank account in India.
- Ensure that your mobile phone number is associated with your financial institution.
- Simple and quick smartphone activation (takes only 3-4 minutes to activate your account)
- Hindi and English versions of the app are both available.
- The software features a QR code scanner (Scan and Pay)
- The software supports linking to different financial institutions' accounts.
- Verify your current account status right now.
- You don't have to give your actual bank account number if you want to use a virtual payment address instead.
- Every major bank in India is now accessible through the BHIM app.
- For feature phones, the app may be used offline.
Negatives of the BHIM App
- Only mobile numbers associated with an existing bank account can use the app.
- The safest UPI app in India is currently only available for iOS and Android devices and can only be used with a single bank account.
- Only debit card purchases may be shown on your account statement using the BHIM app.
- Problems with OTP generation are possible on occasion.
- The BHIM app is inferior to other UPI applications in terms of deals and discounts.
- Daily Rs. 20,000 limit
Limit of Transactions
There is now a daily maximum of Rs 1,000,000 for all UPI transactions, as stated on the NPCI website. It is recommended to consult with a bank to learn about any potential sublimit that may apply within this maximum amount.
Also Read: How to Get UPI QR Code for your Flourishing Business?
What's Different About BHIM 2.0?
With the upgrade of Bhim app 2.0, additional functions have been introduced to the app in addition to the original set. Please find a list of the most notable new features included in version 2.0 below.
- Until this point, it has not been able to link an overdraft account with the BHIM app.
- Intent signatures and QR codes allow customers to verify if the businesses they transact online are legitimate and safe. Since no passcode for the app is needed for a signed intent and QR code transaction, the process will go faster.
- A mandate is a type of transaction in which you authorize a third party to deduct payments from your bank account at a later date. UPI mandates are only valid for a single transaction; therefore, a new mandate must be created for each deal.
- The invoice received: Until today, all you could do when UPI made a collect money request was double-check the amount. However, with the upgrade Bhim app version 2.0, you may see the invoice through a link and review its information before settling the bill. A merchant must be in good standing with the service provider before utilising this function. The user may check their invoice via the mobile app before settling up.
Online transactions are protected and simple using BHIM UPI. You only need your bank account number and the IFSC code to initiate a payment. When making a payment, you won't have to input your card information or login credentials for online banking each time. In addition, BHIM UPI Payment App integration is available in several other apps. In that case, why delay any longer? Get going with it right away!
Follow Khatabook for the latest updates, news blogs, and articles related to micro, small and medium businesses (MSMEs), business tips, income tax, GST, salary, and accounting.