Google pay has become a popular tool for making bill payments and money transfers. Google's digital wallet and payment system, sometimes known as 'gpay,' is a digital wallet and payment system. The software enables contactless transactions in-store and online using tablets, Android phones, and wearables. You only need to follow a few simple steps to learn how to add a credit card to google pay. If you're wondering how to add money from a credit card to google pay, you must sign up for gpay first. It will make life easier by learning how to add a credit card in google pay. Follow the steps mentioned in the blog and unlock the benefits.
Did you know?
If you want to add money to gpay with a credit card, it must be from one of the following banks: HDFC, SBI, Kotak visa cards, HSBC visa cards, or AXIS.
What Are Online Payment Apps?
Online payment apps, often known as mobile wallets, are payment services governed by financial regulations and done on a mobile device. Paying with cash, check, debit, or credit card has become obsolete. The innovative payment method of utilising a mobile wallet or mobile money transfer to pay for a transaction is gaining traction. The notion of mobile payment is progressively becoming recognised and utilised in various ways throughout the world. In 2000, the first patent for a 'Mobile Payment System' was submitted.
According to Financial Access' 2009 report, 'Half the World is Unbanked,' the mobile payment mechanism is being used in some developing countries to extend financial services to those who are known as underbanked or unbanked, and it is estimated that they make up close to 50% of the global adult population. Micropayments are the most common application.
What is Google Pay?
Google pay, often known as gpay, is a web-based payment service. You may use the app to recharge your phone, pay bills, conduct transactions, earn promo coupons, and pay for your purchases online using your bank account. It is a frequently used application since it facilitates electronic transactions. The latest feature of google pay allows you to add and link your bank's credit or debit card.
How to Add Credit Cards to Gpay?
You only need to follow a few simple steps to learn how to add a credit card to google pay. If you're wondering how to add money from a credit card to google pay, you must first sign up for gpay. Given below are the steps to follow:
- Open the google pay app on your Android or iPhone smartphone to learn how to add a credit card to GPay.
- Tap on your Profile, located in the upper right corner of your screen.
- After that, go to Settings, then 'Payment Methods,' and choose Credit/Debit Card.
- Enter the cardholder's name, billing address, card number, expiration date, and CVV.
- Google Pay will immediately contact your bank to confirm the information.
- You will be asked to provide additional authentication in the form of a one-time password (OTP).
- Once your new card has been added, press 'Activate' next to the payment method listing for your new card and enter your OTP.
How to Remove Credit Cards From Google Pay?
You can withdraw a credit card from google pay just as easily as you can add one. These are the actions to take:
Step 1: Go to your phone's app store and search for 'Google Pay.'
Step 2: Select 'Settings' from the drop-down menu.
Step 3: Select 'Payment methods' from the drop-down menu.
Step 4: Choose the credit card that has to be removed.
Step 5: Select 'Remove card' from the drop-down menu.
Which Bank Credit Cards Are Supported on Google Pay?
While learning how to link google pay to a credit card, keep in mind that adding the credit card to your google pay account may result in an error. Only a few banks are eligible to provide credit cards that can be linked in gpay: HDFC, SBI, Kotak visa cards, HSBC visa cards, and AXIS. If you have a credit card from one of the institutions mentioned above, you can quickly find out how to use it by following the steps outlined above.
Benefits of Adding a Credit Card to Google Pay
The following are some of the advantages of learning how to connect a credit card to the Google Pay app:
- The one-tap and pay functions are available on NFC-enabled portals, allowing you to pay with only one tap.
- If a retailer accepts google pay, you may pay by scanning their merchant QR code.
- Google pay can be used to make mobile recharges, bill payments, and any other type of online transaction with complete security.
- If a website or retailer accepts google pay transactions, you can make an online payment to them.
- With every payment and transaction made with google pay, you may get unique offers, rewards, and cashbacks.
It's never been easier to make payments or conduct bank-to-bank transactions. It's all possible with the aid of Google Pay, and it's all at your fingertips! In addition, the app allows you to make a variety of electronic payments that are necessary for everyday life. The software enables contactless transactions in-store and online using tablets, Android phones, and wearables.
All of this is possible in a couple of seconds. Follow the steps mentioned in the above blog and unlock many benefits. Get updated with the digital world evolving each day and make your work more efficient.
Follow Khatabook for the latest updates, news blogs, and articles related to micro, small and medium businesses (MSMEs), business tips, income tax, GST, salary, and accounting.