Founded by Sanjay Sethi, Sandeep, and Radhika Ghai Aggarwal in 2011, ShopClues continues to scale new heights of success. This e-commerce enterprise is home to more than half a million merchants, popularly referred to as "The Coolest Startup of the Year''. Best known for launching India's first online wholesale markets, it is acclaimed for also launching the national retail heritage that showcases popular Indian marketplaces. What makes ShopClues unique is that it protects its clients' interests by ensuring authentic products. India is home to many home-grown entrepreneurs. Small towns cannot invest in individual websites and e-commerce platforms.
ShopClues has opened opportunities for anyone keen to promote their wares. Once you become a ShopClues seller, you reach a large audience and promote your products to everyone across the different segments of society. You can be a carpet weaver, a furniture designer, a fragrance manufacturer, or a dealer of various products; ShopClues offers a world of opportunities to everyone. This is one gigantic platform that has opened doors to business professionals from across industries to serve the diverse needs of consumers. ShopClues has achieved remarkable success in a very short span of time because it has managed to bring online the actual merchants of India. It has opened doors to rural India's smallest traders, selling and earning in the digital space. Unlike other niche e-commerce platforms, ShopClues makes no bones that its target audiences are the middle class of Indian society.
Did you know?
Radhika Ghai Aggrawal was endowed with the First Ladies Award in 2018 for being the first woman entrepreneur to run a Unicorn e-commerce enterprise in India.
ShopClues Seller Registration
The ShopClues seller account registration process to qualify as a seller on ShopClues is straightforward. Given below are details of how to register yourself as a merchant on ShopClues:
- Visit the official website of ShopClues.
- Once you have logged in, you will see various titles linked to different website sections. One of these is marked as 'merchant registration'. Anyone desirous of selling their products and services can click on this. Once you click on this, you will be taken to another section. This asks for all relevant details like your full name, proof of residence, mobile number, the nature of your business, and the commercial name of your online business, among other details. You will need to furnish all your details accurately and create an appropriate login name and a strong password.
- Once you have completed these formalities, you have to submit the form.
- The next formality involves keying in the details of your commercial business, such as the name, contact numbers, and location.
- Providing details of where the goods are stored for pickup by the concerned courier authorities once online orders are placed.
- You will now provide the bank details from where you will be making the necessary and timely payments.
- The penultimate step involves agreeing to all the terms and conditions pertaining to becoming a seller on ShopClues. This section will also display all the details about the ShopClues seller fees, mode of payment, and how to fulfil the same.
- The final step of the ShopClues seller registration process involves the systematic organisation of the catalogues you will be required to upload on the storefront of ShopClues.
Every aspiring ShopClues merchant has to provide distinct documents, which is a precondition to becoming a ShopClues seller. Given below are the details of the various documents:
- If you are the sole proprietor of your business, you will have to furnish details of residential address, PAN, Aadhar cards, and passport. In addition to these, you will have to furnish bank statements (for the time frame requested)
- If you are getting registered as a commercial business, you will have to submit details of the said PAN, Aadhar cards, and proof of residence. You will also have to provide details of the registered company through which you promote your goods on ShopClues. Another important submission here will be a GST or VAT certificate.
- Suppose your business is a private limited one. You will have to provide details of the PAN card about your private limited company, a copy of the memorandum, and the certificate that details your business's incorporation. In addition to these, you will have to submit proof of all bills pertaining to the operations of your business, e.g., electricity, telephone, lease, rental agreement/ownership agreement.
- If your commercial business is of the nature of a Limited Liability Partnership (LLP), you will have to furnish details of the LLP PAN card, registration certificate, agreement for the alliance, and a power of attorney pertaining to employees.
ShopClues Seller Fees
Every e-commerce or marketplace platform charges a specific fee to its business merchants, sellers, wholesalers, and others who use the platform to sell their merchandise. ShopClues too charges a fee of two different categories. These include charging a selling service fee to the sellers as well as a fulfilment fee on the execution of every transaction. Sellers should familiarise themselves with the nature of the fees they are charged. These fees vary in accordance with the category of the merchandise that is sold. In addition to this fee, sellers are also charged a standard service tax. Every seller has to make profits, and therefore you will have to study the details of all the fees properly to avoid any losses.
Basic Requirements for ShopClues Seller Registration
Becoming a merchandiser on ShopClues is simple if you have all your documents organised and updated with relevant details. The basic requirement for registration is as follows:
Details of Bank Account(s)
Every merchant has to provide details of the bank account as well as the PAN card. These should include all the coordinates of the seller, e.g., name, bank account number, and the IFSC code. These preconditions enable the smooth transfer of payments to the merchant.
Also Read: How to Become a Seller at Flipkart?
Details of Trademark Registration
Your brand symbolises your business, and it has to be protected from being pirated. Once you trademark your brand, competitors trying to sell their goods with a pirated copy of your brand are minimal. Trademarking also helps prevent others from imitating the same brand.
Every online merchant has to have GST registration. This has been made mandatory by the government of India. You have to provide these details to become a ShopClues seller.
Registration Proof of the Business
Any registered enterprise can get associated with ShopClues. However, if you register your business as a Limited Liability Partnership (LLP) or even as a private limited enterprise, it will help you avail credit benefits when required. It also indicates that your business has immense scope for expansion and can be easily transferred when the situation arises.
This article gives you a detailed understanding of all the formalities and prerequisites for becoming a ShopClues seller. You must read all the details carefully, understand them, and then register yourself as a ShopClues merchant. First, it is very important to understand the category of goods you plan to sell, the fees charged by ShopClues on different categories, and the probable profits that will accrue to you. You should also have all your documents in order at the time of registration so that there are no lapses in the registration process.
Follow Khatabook for the latest updates, news blogs, and articles related to micro, small and medium businesses (MSMEs), business tips, income tax, GST, salary, and accounting.