When you enter the pink city, you will be overwhelmed by the beauty of the monuments, forts, palaces, art and culture, and so much more. Jaipur attracts visitors from all over the world. Tourists are enthralled by the city's rich past, cultural beauty, and Rajasthani traditions and customs. It has some of the best markets for shopping that make it a dream destination for every traveller. Jaipur is famous for shopping as it has a wide range of products from clothing to pottery and leather products to carpets, making it is a must-visit shopping destination.
Did you know?
Pink is the colour of hospitality. In 1876, Sawai Ram Singh painted the city of Jaipur pink to give a warm welcome to Edward, Prince of Wales and Queen Victoria, who visited Jaipur.
Shopping Places in Jaipur
In Jaipur, there are surely some outstanding shopping destinations that will enhance your whole buying experience tenfold. Some best shopping destinations in Jaipur are mentioned below:
One of the most famous markets of Jaipur is open every day between 10.00 AM to 11.00 PM. It has the Chandpole metro station near it as it is just 16 minutes away from Johri Bazaar, and it is also near to Badi Chopar bus stop. Some of the key features of this Bazar has been given below:
- While shopping in Johari Bazaar, you can browse a full range of exquisite ornaments. This bazaar of glittering stones and antiques is located near the Hawa Mahal.
- The well-known Gopalji ka Rasta is surrounded by discount and fare stores that deal with invaluable and semi-expensive stones.
- Another well-known street, 'Haldiyon ka Rasta,' is well-known for its adornments, flatware, trash jewels, diamonds, and other valuables.
- Some of the best restaurants near this place are - Laxmi Mishthan Bhandar, Shri Shyam Chaat Bhandar, Ramdev restaurant, Parantha shop, etc.
The best marketplace in Jaipur for shopping is Bapu Bazaar, a one-stop shop for all Jaipuri products, with practically anything available at a fair price. It is a well-known cloth market in Jaipur, and it is near the Sindhi bus stop. Some of the key features of this Bazar has been given below:
- The reasonable pricing of textiles and Joothis distinguish this bazaar.
- The bazaar is situated in such a place that you may see the city's 'pink' side!
- Bapu Bazaar is open every day after 11.00 AM.
- Some of the best restaurants near this place are - Samrat restaurant, K R Restaurant, Valentine cafe, Laxmi Mishthan Bhandar.
Also Read: Learn How To Start Your Own Textile Business Like A Boss
Tripolia Bazar is between Chhoti Chaupar and Manak Chowk. This market of Jaipur may be considered one of the most fantastic places to purchase in Jaipur because you can buy designer carpets, brassware, and other traditional clothing here. Tripolia Bazaar is open every day between 10.00 AM to 07.00 PM, and it is near to Choti Chopar bus stop. Some of the key features of this Bazaar has been given below:
- Lac jewellery and a wide variety of bangles are popular at Tripolia Bazaar.
- It is one of the greatest places to buy bangles and related goods in Jaipur.
- In Tripolia Bazaar, you may get the trendy Bandini tie and dye fabrics with gorgeous embroidery.
- Some of the best restaurants near this place are - Midtown Multicuisine Restaurant, Nice cafe, The Palace cafe, Samrat ki kachori samosa.
Nehru Bazar is located near to Hathoj bus stop. This Bazar is open every day between 10.30 AM to 07.30 PM. Some of the best restaurants near this place are - Mohan restaurant, Ganesh restaurant, Neelam Dhaba, Dev hotel. It has the following key features-
- The traditional jootis, which are a Jaipur shopping speciality and look vivid with multi-coloured patterns, is the primary attraction of Nehru Bazaar.
- Nehru Bazaar is also famous for its stunning blue ceramics and varieties of handmade items and blue pottery, and some of the greatest gifts.
Sanganer Market is located in Sanganer's northern district, and it is also near the New Aatish market metro station. The market is open every day between 9 AM to 8 PM. It has the following key features:
- It is one of Jaipur's most well-known markets, and it's known for its hand-block printing and beautifully constructed papers.
- At Sanganer market, you may find intricately woven Leheriya and Bandhej sarees, block-printed bed sheets, and handmade paper to brighten your day.
- Some of the best restaurants near this place are - Flight view restaurant, Selfie A fine dining restaurant.
Chandpole Bazaar is near the Choti Chopad bus stop, and this bazaar is open every day after 11.00 AM. Some of the best restaurants near this place are Mohan, Shiv Shakti Pavitra bhojnalaya, Bagra Pavitra bhojnalaya, and Krishna bakery. A few key features have been given below:
- It is one of Jaipur's historic shopping areas, is where you may find handicrafts, marble carvings, and other hand-looms.
- You can shop for popular items like traditional and flashy shoes, attractive handicrafts, perfect sculptures of wood and stone, carpets, turbans.
It is one of the best shopping places in Jaipur. The market is open every day between 11.00 AM to 09.00 PM, near the Choti Chopad bus stop. A few key features have been given below:
- Kishanpole is most famous for its textiles, which you can purchase for an affordable price.
- It is one of the best places to acquire some wooden gifts, as it is home to many skilled artisans known for their unique wooden carvings.
- Some of the best restaurants near this place are - Sartaj hotel, New Janta bakery, Akbari hotel, Morija house restaurant, Karan Restaurant.
Sireh Deori Bazaar
Sireh Deori Bazaar, located across from the famous Hawa Mahal, is a great area for window shopping and street shopping in Jaipur. This bazaar is open every day after 11.00 AM. It is near the Badi Chopad bus stop. A few key features have been given below:
- Leather shoes, puppets, knickknacks, and several unique hangings are available here, all of which are Jaipur-made.
- Of all the shopping areas in Jaipur, this is where you will find the best Camel Leather items.
- Some of the best restaurants near this place are - Art Cafe, Heritage Buffet restaurant, Marky Momos Hawamahal, Kabul chicken sajji.
Mirza Ismail (MI) market
MI Road is Jaipur's most active shopping area to look for pottery art that dates back to the days of the Rajput monarchs, who used the pots extensively to decorate their Indian palaces. You must buy colourful pots and wooden souvenirs from this shopping place. This bazaar is open every day after 11.00 AM, near the Ajmeri Gate bus stop. Some of the best restaurants near this place are - Niros restaurant, Talk of the town, The yellow house, Topaz restaurant, Barbeque nation, Handi restaurant.
Tibbet market opens at the beginning of November and runs through January. Travellers who want to visit Jaipur can take advantage of this seasonal bazaar and purchase Tibetan crafts. The market is open every day between 10.00 AM to 09.00 PM, near the Choti Chopad bus stop. The key features of this market are as follows:
- The Tibbati market is one of the best sites in Jaipur for budget consumers to go shopping and see the handicrafts, apparel, and other local items made by Tibetans.
- Along with winter clothes, you can spend some money on lovely handicrafts and souvenirs.
- Some of the best restaurants near this place are - Baradari Restaurant, 30 rs Pizza, Shree Gopi Pavitra Bhojnalaya.
It is one of Jaipur's most prestigious shopping destinations. It is Jaipur's oldest mall, and it has plenty of parking so that you can enjoy your shopping experience without any hassles. At GT Bazar, located in the basement, you can find a large variety of garments and other local products at reasonable costs. The market is open every day between 09.30 AM to 11.00 PM. It is near the Malviya Nagar bus stop. Some of the best restaurants near this place are - Kahna Restaurant, Burger farm express, Nand Lal Ji chole wale, China town.
Also Read: How to start a Readymade Garment Store? A Complete Guide
This place has historical significance dating back to the 1960s, and it has been selling magnificent blue ceramics since then. The market is open every day between 08.00 AM to 08.00 PM. It is near the Sindhi Camp bus stop. The key features of this market are as follows-
- This place is famous for pottery, made with quality and accuracy.
- It is the spot to go if you're looking for ceramic things that are well-designed and sold in Jaipur.
- Some of the best restaurants near this place are -Tara Niwas, Rajasthani Thali, Farzi Cafe, Jaipur Adda, Mazica Cafe.
If you're looking for home decor items, go to Aravali Bazaar. This market of Jaipur is a one-stop shop that sells high-end blankets, bedsheets, stationery, and even clothing. Each item sold here is reasonably priced. The market is open between 11 AM to 6 PM, closed on Sundays, and near the Sardar Patel Marg bus stop. Some of the best restaurants near this place are - Little Italy restaurant, Culture restaurant, Inchin Chinese and Thai, Nectar Jaipur.
Jaipur is one of the important tourist spots in North India. People like to explore the local markets in Jaipur.
We hope the article has given you relevant information regarding the different markets in Jaipur, including their locations, opening and closing days and timing, the products, and the restaurants they are famous for. All this will help the people easily find the place of their choice.
Follow Khatabook for the latest updates, news blogs, and articles related to micro, small and medium businesses (MSMEs), business tips, income tax, GST, salary, and accounting.