Today, people have started caring about their health more than ever. Increased health issues and a very busy and unhealthy lifestyle can be the big reasons. So, most wellness-related businesses earn greatly, and opening a juice shop comes in the same category.
Starting a juice bar business doesn't require heavy investment. The profit margin is high, and you can earn 70-80% profit over your initial investment (fruits, ingredients, and electricity). Think about a nice outdoor juice bar design, prepare menus, get a few high-quality juicers, and get fruits for preparing juice!
But what can be a perfect juice business plan, and how much can you gross through this business?
Let's find all the answers!
Did you know?
You can place tidbits about the benefits of fresh juice on a board or a chart in front of your juice bar. People will surely find it interesting if your presentation is good, and this will even bring you more business.
Steps in Starting a Juice Bar Business
1. Legal Requirements
In the absence of completing legal requirements, you will always be under pressure to comply with the federal government's requirements. Avoid the stress and finish all formalities before any interruption. Beginning a juice bar will call for basic licences and registrations of the company.
Here's a list that will provide all the information all in one place.
- GST Registration: The new GST registration for tax on goods and services applies to you. You can make an application on the government's official website directly, complete your information, and then complete the registration on the internet.
- FSSAI: A business that is starting in the field of food does require the FSSAI certification, and it assures the credibility and the quality of your brand.
- Trademark: If you intend to promote your brand, you should not allow anyone to imitate it. A trademark registration will guarantee your name and logo are not copied by anybody else.
2. Staff Recruitment
There are certain conditions in which you may need staff in a juice shop, and it is entirely dependent on the scale of your company and your requirements. If you operate an online juice shop, you shouldn't expect to employ much staff. In this scenario, you will likely be operating with a helper, but you'll require many employees if you run a store to your name.
Each department requires someone who can handle the tasks for a smooth operation. You'll need to hire individuals to handle billing, processing, cleaning, and serving. It is an aspect of growing your business.
The location of a juice bar will depend on the kind of business you decide to run. It could be mobile or permanent, following the options discussed earlier. Both options come with certain common characteristics that impact the area of the operation.
- Locations: Locations with crowds are hotspots for opening a juice shop. You should conduct research and identify your target market. Based on the market you intend to target, it will be easy to choose the best location for your company. If you opt for a mobile truck route, you benefit from selecting from various locations and altering it at any time.
- Reachability: Choosing where your clients can reach you will be very advantageous. Nobody prefers travelling to an unreachable location to meet their needs, and mobile businesses can benefit by reaching out to all customers.
- Parking: Don't forget the parking space. Perhaps you don't notice it, but the customers you serve will. It's not even obvious, and your customers may move to your competitor simply because there isn't enough parking space. If you're on the road, make sure you have some benches and chairs.
4. Equipment Required
Having a nice juicer does not mean that you're all set to begin a juice bar. The effectiveness of your company and the quality of your products are essential to the success of your business. How can you ensure quality services while increasing efficiency? Top-quality equipment is the way to go starting with.
Here's a list to look over:
- Juicer (Can be a cold press/masticating/juicer-mixer-grinder combined)
- Ice machine
- Cups for measuring
- Large trash cans
- Fruit peeling machines
- Wraps made of plastic
- Cutting board
- POS system
- Portion scale
5. Profit Margins
It is an interesting query to consider. Many people believe that juices don't generate enough profits; however, this notion is completely false. Juice shops centres are some of the most profit-making businesses in the marketplace. Even if you're just beginning to enter the industry, it is possible to expect to earn between 50 and 70% gross.
It takes patience and time to make sure that you are filling your pockets. The key is staying to your plan and doing your best. A juice shop may be profitable on paper, but keep in mind that not all businesses are successful. An effective plan and working under the plan will result in the profits you need.
6. Designing Menus
Do you think that juice bars don't require any menu? It's not the complete list of juices, but you'll need various options in the menu. Many elements impact the menu at a juice bar, and juices are available in various flavours.
Menus are typically created according to themes and themes. You can categorise menus by themes. Below are some themes to make a menu using the theme.
- Organically Flavoured Juices
In general, menus are created to be based on health benefits. However, organic juices are made using pure juice excellence, and there is no processing, heating, or mixing. It is important to focus on the personal experience of your customers.
- Juices With Low Sugar and Calories
A variety of low-calorie fruits can be found on the market. However, you can also make various juices tailored to specific diets beyond these fruits, like the keto diet.
- Juice Menu for Children
We've all been there when we weren't keen on eating meals at home. Perhaps, now as well. How can kids receive the essential nutrients they require? Children love diverse flavours, and it is possible to maintain your child's good health through juices. Apple, pineapple, kale, lemonade, orange and carrot juice are a few examples.
While starting a juice bar business, you need to consider several factors. We highlight the biggest ones in this article, and by considering all the tips, we hope you'll be able to run your juice shop smoothly. Just ensure your plan is perfect, and never stay back in dedication and creativity. Business management and transaction calculations play a vital role in such small businesses.
Follow Khatabook for the latest updates, news blogs, and articles related to micro, small and medium businesses (MSMEs), business tips, income tax, GST, salary, and accounting.