The arrival of Reliance Jio has shaken things up in the market for the players in the telecom sector. It's quite rare that there is a brand or a company that makes its mark in the industry and beats the competition, this time it's for none other than the Ambanis, marketed as Reliance Jio.
It could afford to attract a large number of consumers by providing its services at a really low cost but without affecting its quality of service. Its competitors didn't even stand the minutest chance against Jio as they could not afford to go so low on their retail prices. As also it is known to all that Reliance Jio offers India's largest 4G network across the country, Jio Fiber gives a high-level browsing experience and offers tremendous ease in doing online streaming, gaming or working.
Reliance Jio has also come out with an excellent business opportunity for those looking to become Jio Fiber dealers by offering Jio Fiber Franchise or Distributorship. It was started in 2018 and was initially known as Jio GigaFiber. But before getting into the steps and procedures of acquiring this distributorship we must first learn in brief about the Jio Fiber connectivity.
Did you know? Reliance Jio is the first to introduce the setup box service which has brought about many opportunities for people to become distributors and earn money.
What is Jio Fiber?
The broadcast industry, which has literally transformed over all these years – from having few TV channels to then having a connection of cable with many more channels and then making a move to setup boxes, is all set to undergo some substantial changes again.
Having been launched on September 5, 2019, Jio DTH is all set to bring a drastic change in the way content is absorbed by the masses at homes by supplying D2H and Internet at reduced prices. Other than the standard TV channels, high-speed net and HD gaming experiences are also included in the set of services to be supplied by JioFiber and Jio DTH services.
Jio Fiber is the technology of the coming times. Its ultra-fast connectivity and download speed makes it stand out in the market and aid in beating the competition. Jio Fiber network system comes directly to your office space or home rather than just reaching your building or complex. Jio Fiber connectivity enhances your broadband internet experience when fibre comes directly to your home.
How many types of Jio Franchises are available?
The Jio dealership can be of two types. Under the first type, the franchisee is in charge of sim cards, their maintenance, initiation, activations, and all recharge-related services. Under the second type, a dealer's sole responsibility is to sell the Jio hardware products and provide technical support to the customers.
Also, the most commonly asked question is can a person run a JioFiber and Jio mobile franchise concurrently ( side by side)? The answer is Yes. When a person applies for a franchise owner for Jio D2H, he or she becomes an official franchise partner. But the dealer needs to make sure that he or she is abiding by the terms and conditions for the different services that are being offered by them to the customers.
JioFiber Dealership - Eligibility Criteria
- If you are keen on taking the JioFibre Franchise or Distributorship then here are some interesting aspects about the same. At the onset, you will be required to pay an initial Jio franchise cost of ₹ 50,000. However, you will also have to project sales of more than ₹ 15 lakhs per month. If as a dealer, you fail to reach the 15 lakhs rupees threshold then you will not be able to avail of the JioFiber distributorship and cannot become a part of JioFiber broadband. If you fulfil the above 2 conditions then you will be eligible to become a JioFiber Distributor. You can apply for it online by clicking on the below-mentioned link:
- Remember, the JioFiber franchise team can track everything about your business before giving you the distributorship.
List of Requisite Documents for JioFiber Franchise Registration
Becoming a JioFiber Distributor or Dealer is simple and easy, you just need some essential documents for it.
You should possess the following documents:
- 2 passport size photographs are needed
- Photocopy of your Voter Id or Aadhar Card, Pan Card is required
- Address Proof and Electricity Bill
Basic requisites for the Registration:
- Name of the Applicant
- Address Details
- Space Availability
- Investment Availability
- Office or Store Address
- State or City
- Projected Sales
- Experience in D2H services (if any)
The cost of investment for a Jio franchise is dependent on the kind of franchise a person opts for. There are 2 types of franchises for Jio D2H. The first type of dealership is where the franchise will be in charge for the management of sim cards, their activations and all the services related to recharges, be it month-wise, quarter wise or year on year basis. In the other dealership, the responsibility of the dealer is to only to set up the products and provide all related support to the customers.
The requirements to establish a franchise of one of India’s most successful digital enterprises is very simple. However, as with every commercial business, the Jio dealership involves some distinct conditions which are given in the table below followed by a detailed description:
2500 square feet
One-time non-refundable amounts
₹.15000, ₹. 5000 and ₹. 75000
One time payment to the Jio DTH WorkStation
Minimum number of staff
- Applicants should have a premises of at least 2500sq ft area for the setup.
- A one-time non-refundable amount of ₹.15000, ₹. 5000 and ₹. 75000 have to be paid to the Reliance group.
- You will have to pay a sum of ₹. 3,00,000 will have to be made to Jio DTH Work Station.
- You will have to employ a minimum of at least 10 workers for the Jio Office.
Factors determining the cost of investment in a JioFiber Franchise
Several factors come into play while determining the cost of investment in getting a Jio DTH dealership.
Firstly, it depends on the type of franchise that is chosen by the dealer. He or she can either sell the Jio hardware products or take responsibility for sim cards and all the services related to it.
Another factor that comes into play while determining the cost of investment is the location of the business.
The cost of investment will be low in rural areas as there would not be many customers there. If the location is in an urban area, the cost will be higher and will probably run up to multiple lakhs.
Validity of the franchise agreement:
The agreement is usually valid for 1 year after which it needs to be renewed again.
Profitability or Return on Investment (ROI):
As per the fulfilment of conditions and efficient running of the franchise, a Jio franchise owner can easily take home profits in the range of ₹ 50,000 to ₹ 200,000 per month.
Also read: What Are The Top 10 Business Ideas in Delhi?
How to apply for JioFibre Franchise Registration?
- Click on this website https://partnercentral.jioconnect.com/web/guest/distributors
- Then click on the Products and Services Tab.
- Now from there click on Become a Distributor option.
- Once you click on that option it will show some basic requirements to apply for a dealership or whole Jio Services.
- Then click on I am Interested option, you will see a registration form.
- Enter your name, firm name, email id, mobile number, city, pin code, address.
- Finally submit the form.
- Now an executive from Reliance Jio will connect to you over a phone call or may drop you an email.
- After Jio reviews all aspects of your business, it might accept or reject your application.
Which cities have opened applications for JioFiber Franchise or Dealership?
While Jio is trying to expand its reach as far as and as wide as possible within the country, currently the below-mentioned cities which are open to set up the Jio Franchise or Dealership :
These are given below in alphabetical order:
- Agra, Alappuzha, Aurangabad, Ahmedabad, Alwar, Bharatpur
- Bangalore, Bikaner, Bhopal, Bodh Gaya, Bhubaneswar, Bhavnagar
- Chennai, Chandigarh, Calangute, Chittauragh, Cuttack, Coimbatore
- Delhi, Dehradun, Diu island, Dalhousie
- Gangtok, Gaya, Gurgaon, Gwaloir, Guwahati
- Hyderabad, Haridwar
- Indore, Imphal
- Jaipur, Jabalpur, Jalandhar, Jodhpur, Jaisalmer, Junagadh, Jamshedpur
- Khajuraho, Kanyakumari, Kanpur, Kochi, Khandala, Kolkata, Kota, Kodaikanal, Kovalam, Kottayam
- Ludhiana, Lucknow
- Manali, Madurai, Mumbai, Mangalore, Mathura, Mount Abu, Margao, Mysore, Mussoorie, Noida, Nagpur, Nainital
- Patna, Panaji, Porbandar, Port Blair, Pondicherry, Pune, Pushkar, Puri
- Ranchi, Rajkot, Rameshwaram
- Secunderabad, Sanchi, Surat, Shimla
- Thiruchchirapalli, Thrissur, Thanjavur, Tirunelvello, Tirumala
- Varanasi, Vadodara, Vijawada, Visakhapatnam,Vasco Da Gama.
What are the benefits associated with Reliance Jio Franchise?
There are a lot of benefits associated with being a Jio Franchise Partner. It is a case of maximum profit with a low rate of risk. One of the main benefits of being an owner of Jio Franchise is that the investment amount is the lowest in the whole D2H industry. Set-top boxes of both standard definition and high definition will be available at budget-friendly costs. Customer care services will be available 24 by 7 for the franchise in case he or she faces any issues or has any inquiries to be made.
More about the company
Jio is an Indian Telecommunications company that is a subsidiary of Reliance Industries. The company has its headquarters in the city of Mumbai. The company was registered in Ahmedabad, Gujarat on 15th Feb 2007 as Reliance Jio Infocomm Ltd, but it was not until 2015 that it started its operations. Jio became publicly available on 5th September 2016. Today with over 354.18 million subscribers, Jio has reached the heights and become the second-largest mobile network provider in India and ranks fourth on the list of largest mobile networks in the world. The company has not only made its mark in mobile network services but has also ventured into several business sectors. An affordable line of phones named Jio-phones, wifi routers with the name JioFi, a range of multimedia apps are examples of that. After having made an impact in the telecommunication industry, Reliance Jio has also started to make a difference in the broadcast sector as well as their new services like Reliance JioFiber and Jio D2H service.
By providing top quality and services at the lowest prices available, Jio is killing the competition in every sector. In less than 3 years the brand has managed to gain more than 300 million subscribers. This goes to show the path of rapid growth and development Jio is on. So if someone is looking to invest in D2H services, there is no better choice than Jio.
Follow Khatabook for the latest updates, news blogs, and articles related to micro, small and medium businesses (MSMEs), business tips, income tax, GST, salary, and accounting.