Note: The information provided in this blog is only for the use of providing brand-related and franchise-related guidance and knowledge to the user. Khatabook does not claim the ownership of any brand-related word in this blog or any other blog on the website.
E-commerce has revolutionised the concept of shopping. It is time and money-effective, a 24x7 service and brings your purchases to your doorstep. It brings a great convenience for all kinds of consumers.
One of the popular ‘on-demand’ online grocery store i.e. Blinkit was founded in 2013 by Saurabh Kumar and Albinder Dhindsa. The primary value-propositions of Blinkit are to make online shopping of groceries extremely convenient for its varied clientele. It enables them to place orders for a wide range of products either by accessing the official website of Blinkit or through the Blinkit App. Since its inception, Blinkit has helped develop an m-commerce marketplace which assists local businesses like vendors and merchants. And, in turn helped businesses to facilitate wide-ranging products and services to the said location. Blinkit has forged meaningful alliances with sellers across different industries. It takes pride in its extensive range that includes groceries, school stationery, household insect repellents, and confectionery. In December 2021, it underwent a brand change. Grofers was renamed as Blinkit on the last day of 2021. It was a move to suggest ushering in the new year by receiving your online orders within minutes.
The online grocery business is expected to grow at an impressive rate of 60% by next year. The economic landscape is ideal for setting up a Blinkit franchise.
Did you know? Blinkit is present in 29 Indian cities and delivers more than 25 million products monthly to its clientele across the country.
What is the Working Model of Blinkit?
Previously known as Grofers, Blinkit focuses on the fast-growing quick commerce space in India. According to the company, a million such orders are processed across 12 cities every week. Blinkit hyperlocal delivery service did not reap the expected volumes of profit. The brand realised that local traders were not dependable, and this impacted its overall functioning and operations. It then changed its business concept to an inventory-based delivery model. In its earlier business model, all orders were executed from the local businesses. In the new business model, when an order is placed, it goes directly to the warehouse. The staff reviews the item and only then proceeds with the packaging. The delivery staff picks up the order and makes the delivery.
What Are the Various Requirements to Set Up a Blinkit Franchise in 2022?
A Blinkit franchise has similar requirements like most other franchise businesses, though the details of the space and investments vary. The franchisee should have a successful record of some prior business experience. The person should be adept at customer relations, management and business initiatives. They should be able to motivate and train the staff in social etiquette as well.
- You require a minimum space of 1000 square feet and a maximum of at least 2000 square feet
- The franchise location has to be within or in close proximity to a residential neighbourhood which is well-populated
- The premises should have a reasonable amount of parking space
- You need an investment amount of about ₹15 - ₹20 lakhs to set up a Blinkit franchise. These include all expenses for setting up the premises.
- A security deposit - ₹3 lakhs (this is interest-free).
- A Franchise fee - ₹5 lakhs.
- A royalty fee – This is approximately 3% of the sales you make in a month.
- Amount refundable - ₹3 lakhs.
- Staff Requirements: Salary investment in at least 4-5 staff personnel (they have to be trained in sales and customer service).
Documents Required for Setting Up a Blinkit Franchise
- Franchise lease agreement - Between you and Blinkit. They will word the details for you.
- GST registration.
- A no-objection certificate.
- ID proof – PAN and Aadhar cards, electricity/ration cards, passport, voter card.
- Proof of residence.
- Personal details – email, mobile number/s.
- Bank details – Account number.
- Bank statements – Of the last six months.
- IT returns – Of the last 3 years.
Brand and Other Support from Blinkit
- Blinkit manages the entire branding of your franchise.
- It assists a franchisee with complete training in departments like inventory management and billing, as well as the software used for the same.
- Blinkit provides all the requisite training to the staff employed.
- It provides all the necessary marketing support.
- In the first month of the launch of the franchise, the company provides all necessary in-store marketing support.
- The company also assists in understanding marketing analytics which helps the franchise target the right clientele and serve them effectively.
How to Apply for a Blinkit Franchise?
The process of applying for a Blinkit franchise is extremely simple and involves the following steps:
- Visit the official website of Blinkit.
- Once you log in, access the ‘franchise’ tab and click on it.
- You will be provided with an application form.
- Key in all the details accurately.
- Review the details once more to check the accuracy and then submit the form.
- The concerned franchise manager of that region or the zonal manager will connect with you after the approval of your details.
- A personal meeting follows this where the Blinkit personnel connects with you in person.
- The person visits your premises to understand the feasibility of a Blinkit franchise in that location. Once the person is satisfied, they share all the necessary details about setting up the franchise.
- Every Blinkit franchise agreement is valid for 2 years. If you are eager to continue and if Blinkit is also satisfied with your performance, you can always apply for a renewal of the lease agreement.
Benefits of Setting Up a Blinkit Franchise
- Blinkit is India’s fastest-growing grocery delivery e-service.
- The investments are not steep.
- You earn a 15% return on investments.
- The demand for groceries is not seasonal but perennial. They are indispensable to everyday life. A Blinkit franchise ensures a steady flow of business.
- Blinkit has a huge expansion plan across the country. While there are many stores in Delhi, you can cash in on such an opportunity if there are none in your city.
- Blinkit is a technology-backed brand. It is known for its impressive supply chain management.
- As an FMCG retailer, Blinkit is recognised as a trusted and reliable brand both online and offline.
- In India, Blinkit is the 4th largest organised retailer of groceries.
- It has a customer base of 10 million – this affirms the brand’s skills in serving its clients.
- Blinkit is your go-to-destination for interesting discounts – the local retail stores cannot furnish you with such rewarding discounts.
- Blinkit allows you the freedom to outsource grocery items which it does not provide. These include dairy products, vegetables, milk as well as fruits.
- A Blinkit franchisee saves a lot of money on marketing and branding as the company takes care of it.
- Every franchise receives assistance from Blinkit with regards to obtaining optimal efficiency as well as data analytics.
- Blinkit is unique in reviewing various business concepts put forth by franchisees to boost their sales and business turnover.
- Blinkit provides all ‘above the line marketing support to all its franchisees – this includes outdoor advertising, radio as well as television advertising.
- It provides all its franchises with operating manuals that minutely detail the processes involved in running the business.
- You can easily earn a 10% profit margin on the volume of sales you make. Your profit margins increase in accordance with the volume of sales and are mostly very rewarding.
The online grocery business continues to grow at a rapid speed. Blinkit, unlike Amazon, it has set up offline stores as well. You can place orders on your mobile application as well. Individuals are becoming increasingly dependent on online grocery purchases because of the convenience it offers. Grofers now goes by the name, Blinkit, which personifies its delivery time, i.e. you receive your orders in the blink of an eye. The brand has already captured about 13% of the total market share in grocery deliverables and has proved to be a tough cookie to crack for its competitors. From groceries and bakeries, Blinkit has expanded its product range to pet care, baby care, flowers as well as fruits. The brand has massive growth plans and is focused on becoming one of the biggest and most admired in the e-grocery industry.
Follow Khatabook for the latest updates, news blogs, and articles related to micro, small and medium businesses (MSMEs), business tips, income tax, GST, salary, and accounting.