Note: The information provided in this blog is only for the use of providing brand-related and franchise-related guidance and knowledge to the user. Khatabook does not claim the ownership of any brand-related word in this blog or any other blog on the website.
The unmistakable brand colours of the Blue Dart logo and the name itself have made many believe that this Indian courier service is an international company. Launched in November 1983, this courier company is unique in its services when compared to its peers. The company manages all its shipments with the same professionalism, whether it’s a simple, single-page document or a chartered shipment. Timely and speedy deliveries are the underlying principles on which the organisation operates across the country as well as the globe. Its flawless delivery services enabled it to become a registered private logistics company in 1991. The company is present in 85 locations across India and delivers to more than 220 countries worldwide. It has bonded warehouses in all the metro cities of India, namely Delhi, Chennai, Mumbai, Bangalore, Hyderabad as well as Ahmedabad. Its increasing goodwill has made many young adults consider the idea of becoming its franchisee.
Did you know? In 1996, Blue Dart became the first express company to obtain an ISO 9001 certificate in India?
Blue Dart Courier Franchise
In the past, most people depended on the Indian postal services for almost everything they wished to ship to a national or international destination. The flourishing e-commerce industry changed the landscape. Today, there are many franchisees to cater to the varying demands of clients across the country. Blue Dart has become a preferred choice to get associated with via a franchise. It is a renowned brand which has, for the past three decades, strived to meet the increasing demand for pickup and express delivery services.
Blue Dart Company
In September 2002, India’s renowned air express company, Blue Dart, forged a sales alliance with the world’s leading international air express courier services, i.e., DHL (Singapore). In 2005, DHL (Singapore) acquired an 81.03% stake in its Indian partner and further strengthened the association. Blue Dart is the only courier express company in South-East Asia which has 6 Boeing 757 freight aeroplanes. The technology-backed DHL is renowned for its reliable deliveries, and together these two companies have introduced one of the most speedy deliveries and logistics services. This harmonious association made the association provide customised solutions much to the delight of everyone.
What Is the Blue Dart Franchise?
Setting up a Blue Dart franchise comes with its bundle of goodness. Some of these include:
- Brand building - Association with a renowned brand, will naturally reflect on the franchise.
- International shipments facility – With DHL as its alliance partner, your franchise will be able to provide international courier services.
- Numerous locations – Your franchise will be able to provide services to more than 35,000 locations.
- Brand’s marketing support – If you become a franchisee, you don’t have to worry about additional marketing expenses in the form of promotions. The brand’s overall marketing promotions suffice to support its franchisees.
- Seamless operations – You get to avail of all technology-backed support for various functions, e.g., tracing as well as tracking with the help of softwares like enterprise resource planning (ERP). You can also avail yourself of the management information systems (MIS).
- Incentives – All successful deliveries are rewarded well by the company. During peak seasons like festivals and other occasions, the company offers its franchisees many interesting bonuses and other special incentives.
- Consistent customer support – Blue Dart’s customer service functions flawlessly for 24 hours every single day. It is functional for 365 days, assuring maximum support to its clientele.
Eligibility for Blue Dart Courier Franchise
Following are the prerequisites which make individuals eligible for a Blue Dart franchise. However, these are dependent on the state, city or the rural region where the franchise is to be set up.
- You have to be an Indian citizen.
- You have to be at least 21 years old.
- You should be at least a 10th or 12th standard pass individual.
- You have to have some knowledge about the courier industry.
- You should have no registered criminal case against you.
- You will have to furnish details of your Aadhar and PAN card or even an electricity bill – the copies of these will require verification from an authorised entity.
- Bank details – A cancelled cheque.
Investment for Blue Dart Courier Franchise
The investments required to set up a Blue Dart courier franchise are dependent on the location of the city, State or rural area. It also depends on the size of the commercial setup.
- If it’s a 2 or 3-tier city, you will have to make an approximate investment that varies between ₹2 lakhs and ₹5 lakhs.
- Depending on the city and state, the real estate price will affect the commercial value of the premises, and the costs may increase or could be less. Whether you purchase or rent the premises, the costs will vary according to the prevailing real estate.
- A necessary number of vehicles (two-wheelers).
- Provision of the appropriate number of staff members.
Office Equipment Requirement
- A seamless net connection and a dedicated phone line.
- A computer, printer, Bar Code Reader and other accompanying stationery like shipping labels and different types of quality tape for packaging.
- Electricity connection as well as a provision for an Inverter.
- Expenses for Minimal furniture, e.g., a table and 2-3 chairs, storage shelves or storage cupboard.
- Expenditure on interiors – The interiors have to be in sync with the brand's requirements, which makes the costs vary accordingly.
- Provision of a CCTV – To enable security at all times.
Space Requirement for the Franchise
- You need to own a space of at least 200-350 sq. ft. A rented space of this size will also suffice.
- Vehicle parking space – A minimum of 500 square feet and a maximum of 1000 square feet. This again depends on the location and the size of the commercial business.
Provision of Important Documents
As in every business requirement, here, too, you have to furnish specific documents, which are as follows:
- Proof of id – This could include your Aadhar, PAN, or Voter card
- Proof of residence – Electricity bill or ration card
- Photos – Two passport-size photographs
- Email - Your personal email id
- Contact number/s – Mobile number. If you use more than 1 mobile, you will have to provide both the numbers
- Banking – Details of the bank where you hold a savings/current account, the passbook and a bank statement for the last six months
- Requisite financial documents
- GST number
- Registration number
Profits in Blue Dart Courier Franchise
There are numerous franchisees of different companies/brands in almost every city. Setting up a Blue Dart franchisee serves as one of the most profitable franchises. You can comfortably earn a 35-40% margin. However, this also requires prudence on your part. You should decide on a location that will serve you well. Ideally, a commercial hub as every office is known to require consistent services of a courier company. A residential complex or neighbourhood with many retail businesses will surely provide you with regular business. Some of the other locations could be an IT park, a crowded commercial area which includes both big and small shops across industries. The right type of location can boost your business operations and enable you to enjoy optimal profits.
How to Apply for the Blue Dart Courier Franchise?
You can apply for a Blue Dart franchise either offline or online.
- Visit the official Blue Dart website and find out the contact number of the main branch in your city. Once you call them and apprise them of your business intention, they will arrange for a meeting with the concerned manager. You should clarify all your doubts and seek clarity on every question you have. Based on your queries, the manager will furnish you with all the answers.
- Once the manager finds your business proposition feasible, your application is accepted. The application processing takes time, and you have to bear with their timelines. The concerned authorities then inform you about the approval of your application. This is followed by a training program that extends across two weeks. The program familiarises you with the operations and various services of the brand.
- Visit the official website of Blue Dart.
- Unlike other organisations like the Flipkart delivery franchise, Blue Dart does not provide you with an online application form.
- You have to select the ‘write to us’ tab, key in all your details accurately, and your request for setting up a franchise.
- This online process also takes some time but again depends on the number of applications. Sometimes, they revert the very next day.
- Once someone connects with you via phone, you can share your business plans and your intention for associating with Blue Dart as their franchisee and understand what it entails.
- Once you start operations, you have to remember that in case you wish to renew the contract, you will have to do it well before the expiry date of the agreement.
This article takes you through the procedure of becoming a Blue Dart franchisee. The brand is highly renowned because of its timely services and vast network. Its alliance with DHL (Singapore) enhances the brand value of Blue Dart immensely. Setting up a franchisee of Blue Dart assures you of good returns on your investment and a competitive profit margin which is considered to be the best in the industry. The brand’s goodwill protects your franchise, and that assures you of a steady income. The other benefits accompanying a Blue Dart franchise include rewarding bonuses during peak seasons like festivals. Follow Khatabook for the latest updates, news blogs, and articles related to micro, small and medium businesses (MSMEs), business tips, income tax, GST, salary, and accounting.