The concept of a seller can be termed as an Individual or an entity involved in the exchange of certain goods and services with the buyer for a particular compensation. The role of a seller is very important to ensure the free-flowing market mechanism of demand for goods, backed by the required supply of those particular goods.
As a seller, tracking inventory and analysing the effective demand is increasingly difficul,but the same process also ensures that there is a sufficient profit margin involved in each product so that the seller can receive a respectable remuneration for his efforts. Let’s go ahead and learn more about the definition and seller meaning in broader terms.
Did you know? As of 19th July 2022, there are approximately 4,20,000 sellers who are registered with Flipkart in India.
An Overview on Seller and Apps for selling online
A seller can be defined as an individual or an entity that is involved in the exchange of goods and services, and no matter be it any type of good or service. In the segment of the financial markets, a seller is someone willing to offer an asset they own or hold through means of purchase to someone else. Sellers are different from buyers, and the two make up the two most contrasting yet most important elements of the market ecosystem.
Apps for Small Retailers to Display and Sell Online
Social commerce in India has been evolving and individuals turn entrepreneurs and leverage interactions. It is enabling small businesses to sell directly to consumers through different social platforms.
Generally considered the world’s largest online marketplace for small retailers to get in touch with prospective buyers from various regions, Amazon has been the top priority for small shop owners and sellers to register their business with this E-commerce Giant. Small retailers benefit from the positive brand image of Amazon from buyers all across the globe, which help to bolster their sales to unimaginable figures.
The answer to Amazon, a global E-commerce giant headquartered in the US, is Flipkart, a homegrown E-commerce company which has grown immensely in India in the past few years and now competes with Amazon for E-commerce supremacy in the Indian Subcontinent. Small retailers find Flipkart an attractive platform, because of the low selling fees involved in the business process which allows them a greater margin of profit..
Myntra is a fashion and lifestyle-related e-commerce platform which has showcased its immense presence in the Indian market and happens to be one of the leaders in fashion and lifestyle-related fields. With big e-commerce giants Amazon and Flipkart, fashion apparel for kids, men and women, Myntra have still garnered a large consumer base because of the quality and unique kinds of fashion apparel it provides through its domain. Many small-scale fashion apparel traders choose Myntra over Amazon and Flipkart because of its growing consumer base.
Meesho was started back in 2015 in Bengaluru and has emerged as a prominent e-commerce platform for sellers as well as buyers due to its unique revenue model and cheap-price of products.The app has been creating waves in the Indian market in the last few years and has witnessed immense growth.On its website, Meesho claims to have over 68 million product listings spread across 30 categories and a network of around 6 lakh Indian sellers.
Reliance Retail's digital e-commerce project, AJIO, is a fashion and lifestyle brand. It is the ultimate fashion destination for hand-picked trends on Reliance Trends at the lowest prices available.Ajio is a well-established brand and can be a great platform to be on.
Various Seller Types
As you may know, A seller sells different kinds of goods and services for a profit, but do you know that there are many kinds of varying seller types involved in selling different kinds of goods for different target customers?
Let’s learn about the various seller types:
These kinds of sellers primarily deal with large quantities of goods and specialise in selling one particular good. Wholesale sellers are involved in selling a particular good in bulk to separate small-scale retailers and traders of that particular good at reasonable prices.
These are the most easily found sellers in the market. Retail sellers buy goods in bulk from wholesalers and then sell those particular goods at higher prices.
Often termed online vendors, these sellers sell their wares exclusively through online merchant sites. Many online sites are virtual marketplaces, and consumers have found it easier to shop for goods from the comfort of their homes, which is why there has been an upsurge in online sellers for different kinds of goods sold throughout the country.
How to become Online seller for various E-commerce Giants
Many small and large-scale retailers have wished to become online sellers because of the growing demand by consumers for E-commerce websites. Still, they fail to understand the requirements or procedures to become an online seller on these E-commerce websites.
How to become an Online Seller
You can become an online seller by just following the below steps:
- Select a suitable e-commerce website to register and sell your product
- Verify all the details, including the email, phone number, GST number, and other requirements.
- Keep business information ready like email address, contact number, GST number, etc.
- List the product for maximum client satisfaction on the registered platform
- Browse through the shipment options and choose the best logistics partner
- Register your bank details on the eCommerce platform to enjoy hassle-free payments
How to become a Flipkart Seller
You can become a Flipkart seller by just following the below steps:
- Use your mobile number or E-mail ID to sign in to the Flipkart seller platform. Enter the OTP sent to your given mobile number for verification purposes
- Check that the Pin code mentioned is correct.
- Then, you need to upload some compulsory documents, such as:
- GSTIN- your GST identification number
2. Sample signatures of the seller
3. A canceled cheque including all relevant bank details such as your Bank account number and the IFSC code. If you have your own company, that particular company’s name should appear on the cheque, and if you are an individual, your name should be there on the cheque.
- Finally, You will need to verify your bank details. Flipkart will then send a token amount to your Bank account.
- Then, you will be needed to list at least one product, and your registration as a Flipkart seller will be considered “ Complete”. You can now log in to the Flipkart sellers portal and start selling your products.
How to become a Myntra seller
Below are the steps to become a Myntra seller:
- You will be required to showcase a presentation of your business product catalogue and submit the presentation to the Myntra Category managers.
- You will be required to share the details of your business after your Business Presentation to the relevant category manager of Myntra.
- Then, you will have to provide product samples to the Myntra team for quality check purposes.
- Once, the product samples have been approved by the quality control team of Myntra, Your meeting will be fixed with Myntra officials, and you will be asked to sign a contract if the Myntra officials approve your brand.
- You will then get access to the portal, and you will be required to list your products, following all the Myntra photography guidelines by getting shoot of products done by Myntra-approved studios.
- Myntra will then place some dummy orders to ascertain whether the Business is committed to delivery, ensuring the product meets appropriate quality measures, has suitable packaging, and is delivered within the estimated delivery time mentioned in the order.
- After completing dummy orders, your business is ready to be launched full-fledged in the Myntra Portal. The seller will enjoy no fees by selling its goods through the Myntra portal.
The article was about the meaning and definition of a seller and the various seller types. The predominant apps used to sell goods online and how to become an online seller for various e-commerce giants. We hope that with the help of the information shared in this blog, sellers can easily incline towards the online route and become online sellers for various e-commerce websites to cater to a wider customer base.
Follow Khatabook for the latest updates, news blogs, and articles related to micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs), business tips, income tax, GST, salary, and accounting