There are 45 separate trademarks, each about a specific category of goods or services a business provides. Out of all these separate classes, the 35th class of the trademark is one of the most often used classes. Class 35 of the trademark provides filing and registration of trademarks of a wide variety of services provided, which is related to business and consulting. It helps in providing recognition to the brand providing business and consulting services to its clients and helps create a wide client base for the services offered.
Did you know? When a business registers a trademark, the owner gains exclusive rights to use that mark for the business in case of business and consulting services provided.
Objectives Of Services Rendered For TM Class 35
The 35th class of trademark is one of the 45 distinctive classes of trademark, with each class related to a particular category of goods or service rendered by the business. Class 35 of trademark deals with business and consulting services provided by an organization.
Some important services that are protected by the 35th class of trademark are
- Service consists of registration, transcription, compilation or the specific systematization of various written communications and registrations, and a standard compilation of mathematical and statistical data.
- The services of advertising agencies involve the distribution of the prospectus directly, through the post-medium, or by the distribution of free samples. This trademark class includes advertising services concerned with bank loans or other financial aspects.
These were some primary services included under class 35 of the trademark include:
- Services involved in the engineers' evaluation and reports do not directly refer to the management and working of affairs in a commercial or industrial enterprise.
- Insurance and financial services, which are included under trademark class 36.
The primary objectives of services rendered by an organisation are as follows:
- Helping in the working and management of a commercial undertaking
- Helping manage various kinds of business affairs or different commercial functions of an industrial or a commercial enterprise, and the services rendered to the advertising establishments related primarily to communications to the public and declarations and announcements of different kinds.
Also Read: How to Check Trademark Status - Complete Procedure For Checking Trademark Status
Trademark Class 35: Concept
Even though Class 35 of the trademark is a much broader concept, it includes all business-related services. Also, if you are a business involved in manufacturing certain products under a specific brand name, the business will need to include the class of the product as well.
- If a fashion brand is involved in the manufacturing and selling of clothes, footwear, and headwear, include the trademark class 25
- If the business you are involved with includes selling various electrical and scientific apparatuses, You will need to include trademark class 9.
List of Services Classified under Trademark Class 35
Many services related to business and consulting are classified under the 35th class of the trademark.
Other services that are classified under trademark class 35 are:
- Various administrative processing of purchase orders
- advertising through the medium of mail order
- rental of advertising time on the communication media
- rental of various advertising space
- production of advertising films
- advertising agencies and publicity agencies
- auctioneering services
- bill-posting / outdoor advertising
- rental of billboards [advertising boards]
- book-keeping and accounting services
- business management of reimbursement programmes for others and business management of reimbursement programs for others
- Providing business information through the help o website
- business research programmes of different types
- business investigation programmes
- Different kinds of business appraisals
- Various kinds of business information
- business project management services for various construction projects
- business management for freelance service providers
- business management for the benefit of sports people
- business management o various f performing artists
- business management of different hotels
- business inquiries of various kinds
- business management assistance
- Various types of business efficiency expert services
- advisory services for business management
- business organization consultancy of different types
- business management and organization consultancy
- business management consultancy
- professional business consultancy
- business auditing of various types
- commercial information agencies
- commercial intermediation services
- provision of commercial and business contact information
- commercial or industrial management assistance
- commercial administration of the licensing of the goods and services o
- commercial information and advice were given to consumers [consumer advice shop]
- compilation of statistics of various types
- compilation of information into computer database computerized file management
- cost price analysis
- data search in computer files for others
- demonstration of goods
- design of advertising materials
- direct mail advertising
- dissemination of advertising matter
- distribution of samples
- document reproduction
- drawing of statements of accounts
- economic forecasting
- employment agencies
- import-export agencies
- invoicing of different types
- layout services for advertising purposes of various kinds
- provision of an online marketplace for buyers and sellers of goods and services
- on-line advertising on a computer network
- marketing studies
- marketing research methods of various types
- modelling for advertising or the sales promotion
- negotiation and conclusion of commercial transactions for third parties
- news clipping services of various types
- arranging newspaper subscriptions for others
- office machines and equipment rental*
- opinion polling
- organization of fashion shows for promotional purposes
- organization of trade fairs for commercial or advertising purposes
- organization of exhibitions for commercial or advertising
- outsourced administrative management for the companies
- outsourcing services [business assistance]
- pay per click advertising
- payroll preparation
- personnel management consultancy
- personnel recruitment
- rental of photocopying machines
- photocopying services
- presentation of goods on communication media, for retail purposes
- price comparison services provided
- procurement services for others [purchasing goods and services for other businesses]
- psychological testing for the selection of various personnel
- public relations
- publication of various publicity texts
- publicity material rental
- radio advertising of different kinds
- relocation services for businesses
- retail or wholesale services for pharmaceutical, veterinary and sanitary preparations and medical supplies
- sales promotion for others
- rental of sales stands
- search engine optimization/search engine optimisation
- secretarial services of various types
- shop window dressing
- sponsorship search
Also Read: What Are Different Types of Trademarks in India? Examples & Kinds of Trademarks
Examples and Classes related to Trademark Class 35
There are particular popular examples of trademark class 35 through which the readers can understand more about the services included under this trademark class.
These examples are:
This MNC is known to provide various kinds of business management and consulting services to its clients. Deloitte has been a leading global provider of audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax, and related services. Deloitte is the registered trademark of the company and is present in various countries across the globe inlcluding Inda.
Ogilvy and Mather
It is a New York-based company that provides various media research and consultation, advertisement and promotional activities.The company has created some of the world's most successful and iconic marketing campaigns. Ogilvy and Mather is the registered trademark of this international company.
It is an Indian retail chain that provides services to departmental stores and online stores. It is an one-stop supermarket chain that intends to offer customers a wide range of basic home and personal products under one roof. DMart is a registered trademark of the Avenue Supermarts Limited.
They provide different intermediary services for purchasing or selling goods. Amazon has expanded from an internet-based business organisation which focused on providing an e-commerce platform to cloud computing, digital streaming and artificial intelligence (AI) services. Amazon is the registered trademark of the company which is present in various countries across the globe, such US, UK, India.
Also Read: Do You Know How to Register for a Trademark in Kerala?
The article was about trademark class 35, the list of goods included under the 35th class of the trademark and the examples and classes related to class 35. We hope that with the help of the information shared on this blog, readers can understand everything about the 35th class of the trademark and understand what kind of services are included under this trademark class.
Follow Khatabook for the latest updates, news blogs, and articles related to micro, small and medium businesses (MSMEs), business tips, income tax, GST, salary, and accounting.