Each government and non - government employee provides a monthly contribution equivalent to a percentage of their earnings into the Employees' Provident Fund (EPF). Even the company contributes equally to each employee's EPF account. When the employee is no longer functional or has left a job, the employee can collect this money. In some instances, you must submit the final PF Form 19 to withdraw your EPF account balance.
Points to be noted-
- The documentation must be completed within two months of leaving the organisation or retiring.
- The employee must provide his cell phone number to get the final payment.
- Both online and offline versions of the form are available (using the EPF Portal for members).
- PF final settlement claims also require a PAN.
- The offline settlement technique necessitates the signature and seal of the employer.
Did you know?
Offline Withdrawal of EPF Funds is made through a Composite Claim Form. The composite claim form is made up of Form 31, Form 19, Form 10D, and Form 10C. The PF final settlement form is PF Form 19, the partial EPF withdrawal form is Form 31, the pension withdrawal form is Form 10C, and the monthly pension withdrawal form is Form 10D.
When Do We Use EPF Form 19?
You must use PF Form 19 to withdraw EPF funds in the form of a final settlement. The form can also be used to obtain a non-refundable PF advance. The last option to use this PF Form 19 is to withdraw pension benefits. The first two alternatives can be used while leaving a job for any reason, including retirement, whereas the third option should only be utilised if a series of conditions are met while in service.
It must be filed within two months of departing the job. The EPF savings can then be reduced or eliminated. If a person retires or is idle for more than two months, they can entirely withdraw. Partial EPF withdrawals are permitted in specific instances, such as for health reasons, nuptials, home loan repayment, etc. Fill out the EPF form 19 online to seek a withdrawal. If your Aadhaar is linked to your UAN, you may also use the online refund request.
PF Form 19 Sample Format
The first page of PF Form 19 contains several fields to save your personal contact information and your preferred means of payment. The information you may need to provide in fields are:
- Name, dad's or partner's surname, and date of birth
- Name and place of the factory or establishment
- PF account number and UAN (Universal Account Number) (UAN)
- The time and reason for your departure from the military Account Number for Life (PAN)
- postal address in full
- Cashier's checks, account beneficiary checks, and contactless banking are all alternatives for payment.
Two Types of EPF Forms
- The Aadhaar-based EPF Form 19 is accessible to workers whose Aadhaar numbers and bank details are published on the UAN website. Employees must fill out the entire new Form 11 and have a genuine UAN.
- Non-Aadhaar-based EPF Form 19 is available to people that don't have an Aadhaar number or an activated UAN.
Eligibility for the Application
EPF Form 19 or PF Form 19 should be used while removing EPF money in the form of a PF final settlement. The Form can also be used to receive a PF advance that is non-refundable and to withdraw pension benefits. When quitting a job for retirement or any other reason.
How to Fill EPF Form 19 Online?
Step 1: To access the EPF Member portal, click on https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/
Step 2: Enter your UAN, passcode, and verification to access the platform.
Step 3: From the 'Online Services' column, choose 'Claim Form – 31, 19, 10C & 10D.'
Step 4: You'll see an auto-filled form using your name, dad, partner's birth date, contact details, KYC details, and info on Form 31, 19, EPF Withdrawal Procedure Form 10C, and 10D pages.
Step 5: Re-check your bank account details and type your account number's last four digits into the text field. The system will check to determine unless you're the account's approved owner when you hit the 'Verify' button.
Step 6: After successful verification, provide data such as the Date of Closing (DOE), EPF, and EPS accounts. Also, explain why you're departing.
Step 7: Select 'Yes' to approve the 'Certificate related toUndertaking.'
Step 8: In the 'I intend to apply for' field, select 'Only PF Withdraw ( PF Form 19)' from the menu.
Step 9: After entering the entire postal address and approving the disclaimer, click 'Get Aadhaar OTP.'
Step 10: An OTP will be sent to the authorised mobile number. Please fill in the applicable field using the OTP.
Step 11: Fill out the application and submit it.
Step 12: A code will be issued upon successful submission.
Step 13: The deducted PF funds will be deposited into the UAN's connected bank account.
Important Points to Remember while Filling PF Form 19
Before completing PF Form 19 for withdrawal, you must meet the following requirements:
- Activate your UAN on the EPF Members Portal.
- Link your UAN to either PAN or bank account.
- Connect your UAN account to your phone number.
- See if you're eligible for a final deal. If you are not, the form will not appear.
- The documentation can be completed in as little as two months after quitting a job or even during retirement.
- For the PF final settlement, a mobile phone number is required.
- PF final settlement claims require a PAN.
- A hard copy of the blank or cancelled check clearly shows the division's account number and IFS Code so that customers can pay in the correct account and via digital modes for faster credit.
- Suppose the member retired due to bodily or mental infirmity due to permanent and total incapacity (cause for leaving b, listed above). In that case, a medical certificate from the ESI or, if the employee is not covered under the ESI Scheme, the medical Officer appointed by the Establishment should be attached.
- Copy of Visa, Passport, and Travel Ticket – In the event of permanent relocation from India (reason for leaving d mentioned above).
- If you accept an offer of employment, you will receive an appointment letter, a copy of your visa, and a passport journey ticket.
Employees Provident Fund (EPF) is a retirement savings scheme available to all employees. It's essentially a savings platform that lets workers set aside a portion of their monthly salary for usage unless they become reluctant to work/ retire. Employees can also request the PF final settlement of their EPF account after leaving employment. Anyone who wishes to withdraw funds for PF final settlement must complete and submit the PF Form 19. PF final agreement, pension withdrawal rewards, and PF non-refundable advances are all possible uses for PF Form 19. While the first two options can be chosen during retirement or other termination of duty, the third option can be employed at any time throughout service as long as specified restrictions and conditions are met. Within 20 days of submitting PF Form 19, your EPF balance should be credited to your bank account.
Follow Khatabook for the latest updates, news blogs, and articles related to micro, small and medium businesses (MSMEs), business tips, income tax, GST, salary, and accounting.