When you work in a customer service team, your days could be filled with phone calls and meetings, and your inbox could be flooded with emails. You are having a tough day at work, and your to-do list seems to get longer and longer. But after all, you were not hired to answer phone calls or emails. You were hired to help customers and solve their problems.
Customer support is an integral and very essential part of its business. In the end, business is consumer driven. And a satisfied customer can help increase footsteps to your business. So if you are having a rough day, think about the people you are helping and how you are working for your company's success. We have compiled the top 25 motivational quotes from public figures and personal customer quotes that can assist you and your business in motivating your customer support team.
Did you know that a quote can offer inspiration for the week, and inspire us when our normal motivation has lapsed?
Importance of Motivational Quote
Motivational quotes impact our brains, behaviour and lives as they make us feel like we are in control of our own success and that we have self-efficacy. Quotes make us believe that we have control over our tasks which is different from having the motivation to succeed.
Top 25 Motivational Quotes for Customer Support Team
1. "There is only one boss. The customer. And he can fire everybody in the company from the chairman on down, simply by spending his money somewhere else." - Sam Walton
Sam Walton was an American business magnate and the founder of Walmart. Wal-Mart Stores Inc. grew to be the world's largest corporation by revenue as well as the biggest private employer in the world. With his customer-centric approach, Sam Walton created a behemoth retail corporation.
2. "Just having satisfied customers isn’t good enough anymore. If you really want a booming business, you have to create raving fans." - Ken Blanchard
Ken Blanchard is a well-known American author, business consultant and motivational speaker. His most successful book, “The One Minute Manager”, has sold over 15 million copies worldwide and has been translated into many languages. In his book, “Raving Fans: A Revolutionary Approach To Customer Service”, Ken gives this advice to a new area manager of a company on his first day. It is an extraordinary business book that will help every organisation or business deliver stunning customer service and achieve miraculous bottom-line results.
3. "Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.” - Bill Gates
American business magnate and co-founder of Microsoft Bill Gates, in his book “Business @ the speed of thought”, says that most customers don’t enjoy being unhappy. Something about the company, product, or customer experience made them that way.
4. “Customers who love you will market for you more powerfully than you can possibly market yourself.” – Jeanne Bliss
In her ground-breaking book “Chief Customer Officer”, Jeanne Bliss says that it is very important to create a loving customer and if you do, it serves as the greatest advertisement for your product or service.
5. “Make a customer, not a sale” - Katherine Barchetti
Also Read: Understanding Consumer Behaviour - How to Get More Customers?
Katherine Barchetti, a well-known upscale retailer says that what makes a business grow is not sales but a customer who is satisfied with your product.
6. “A business absolutely devoted to service will have one worry about profits. They will be embarrassingly large.” – Henry Ford
The founder of Ford Motor Company, Henry Ford, says in his quotes about the importance of customer satisfaction. He says that if a business is devoted to customer service, it need not worry about profits.
7. “Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They DO expect you to fix things when they go wrong” - Donald Porter
Famous professor Donald Porter says that if something goes wrong with your product, it is normal. However, what differentiates you from your competition is how you serve your customer and solve his issue.
8. “Get closer than ever to your customer. So close, in fact, that you tell them what they need well before they realise it themselves.” – Steve Jobs
Steve Jobs, the Founder of Apple and best known for the iPhones, explains the importance of knowing what your customer wants and anticipating it in advance.
9. “We must learn what customers really want, not what they say they want or what we think they should want.” – Eric Ries
Eric Ries is an American entrepreneur, blogger, and author of various books. He says that we should develop our products so that they coincide with what the customer really wants and impose our thoughts by making a product that thinks like ours.
10. “Focus on your customer and lead your people as though their lives depend on your success.” – Warren Buffett
Billionaire and one of the most successful investors in the world, Warren Buffet encourages businesses to focus on their customers for long-term success.
11. “The magic ‘mind reading’ anticipatory service phrase is: ‘If that was me, what would I want?'” – Steve Cokkinias
Keynote speaker, growth advisor and columnist Steve Cokkinias says that the most effective way to understand the customer’s situation is to think if you were in that situation, what would you do?
12. “The customer’s perception is your reality.” – Kate Zabriskie
Famous author Kate Zabriskie says that whatever the customer perceives about your brand or product is the reality of where your business stands. This is the reality of where your business has to go.
Also Read: What Is Customer Feedback? Methods & Examples of Customer Feedback
13. “Customer experience is the next competitive battleground. It’s where business is going to be won or lost.” – Tom Knighton
Global practice leader – executive development Top Knighton says that it is the customer experience that makes or breaks your customer. Poor customer experience can drive your customers to your competition.
14. “The more you engage with customers, the clearer things become and the easier it is to determine what you should be doing.” – John Russell
The President at Harley Davidson motorcycles says that positive customer relations are priceless when it comes to customer satisfaction. So everyone in the organisation should be focused on building sound customer relations and brand loyalty.
15. “One customer well taken care of could be more valuable than $10,000 worth of advertising.”– Jim Rohn
Famous American entrepreneur Jim Rohn says that if you completely satisfy your customers, it is more valuable than spending $10,000 on advertising. This is because it creates brand loyalty and a world of word-of-mouth advertising.
16. “A brand for a company is like a reputation for a person. You earn a reputation by trying to do hard things well.” – Jeff Bezos
Founder of Amazon and billionaire Jeff Bezos says that it is your brand reputation that differentiates you from your competition, so work hard on earning it.
17. “It takes months to find a customer… seconds to lose one.” – Vince Lombardi
Former American football player, coach, and National Football League executive shows the importance of customer satisfaction. This is because it takes a month to find a new customer but a second to lose one. And a dissatisfied customer can take a lot of customers with him.
18. “Being on par in terms of price and quality only gets you into the game. Service wins the game.” – Tony Alessandra
The well-known author Dr Tony Alessandra says that offering products and services at a fair price only helps an organization enter the competition, and it is customer service that helps an organization beat the competition.
19. “It is not the employer who pays the wages. Employers only handle the money. It is the customer who pays the wages.” – Henry Ford
Henry Ford, the founder of Ford Motor Company, says employees should always keep in mind that employers only handle money. It is the customer who pays their wages.
20. “You’ll never have a product or price advantage again. They can be too easily duplicated. But a strong customer service culture cannot be copied.” – Jerry Fritz
Famous contributing author Jerry Fritz says that it is very easy to copy a product or price advantage. However, it is strong customer service that cannot be copied.
21. “Do what you do so well that they will want to see it again and bring their friends.” – Walt Disney
Famous American animator, film producer and entrepreneur says that your service experience should be so positive that customers bring more customers with them.
22. "The more advocates you have, the fewer ads you have to buy." Dharmesh Shah
Dharmesh Shah is the founder and CTO of Hubspot. He empathises with the importance of customer satisfaction by saying that a highly satisfied customer will create word of mouth for your product. This will result in less advertising spending.
23. “Go beyond merely communicating to ‘connecting with people” - Jerry Bruckner
Famous author Jerry Bruckner says that teams should focus on connecting with people rather than just communicating with them to understand their concerns and help them.
24. "Customer service shouldn't just be a department, it should be the entire company." - Tony Hsieh
American internet entrepreneur Tony Hsieh says that it’s not the job of a particular department or tram to focus on customer service. However, the entire organisation should focus on customer service.
25. "Happy customers are your biggest advocates and can become your most successful sales team." Lisa Masiello
Famous author Lisa Masiello emphasises the importance of happy customers. She says that happy customers help boost sales.
Motivation helps both performance and understanding of one's reading comprehension. We hope that these quotes inspire and motivate your customer support team to provide excellent and exceptional experiences for your customers that they will never forget. Always remember, what distinguishes you from your competition is - putting the customer first.
Follow Khatabook for the latest updates, news blogs, and articles related to micro, small and medium businesses (MSMEs), business tips, income tax, GST, salary, and accounting.