Note: The information provided in this blog is only for the use of providing brand-related and franchise-related guidance and knowledge to the user. Khatabook does not claim the ownership of any brand-related word in this blog or any other blog on the website.
If you love ice cream and want to make a business career in it, getting Baskin Robbins Franchise is an advantageous option. Baskin Robbins is the leading ice cream brand providing unique flavours to its customers worldwide. It is an American multinational chain of shops that are catering to ice creams. By getting a Baskin Robbins franchise, you will benefit from the company's global brand image and will earn good profits.
Did you Know? Baskin Robbins is present in over 50 countries and has around 7700 stores worldwide
A brief history of Baskin Robbins
The Multinational giant started as a small shop in Glendale, California, established in 1945 by Burt Baskin and Irv Robbins. They both had been in the ice cream business. Burt Baskin learned the art of making ice cream in the army. He served ice cream to fellow soldiers in World War II. Irv Robbins had worked in his father’s Ice Cream shop. Later they merged their businesses and founded Baskin Robbins.
Coming of Baskin Robbins In India
Baskin Robbins is one of the largest ice cream chains, and is admired across the globe. The incredible flavours includes universal favorites like the delicious Mississippi Mud and Mint Milk Chocolate along with local favorite flavors like Honey Nut Crunch and Alphonso Mango.
Let's look into their history in India:
- Baskin Robbins was brought to India in 1993.
- It is available in 200 cities and has around 750 stores.
- Baskin Robbins has cemented its place as India's most loved ice cream brand
Features For Competitive Edge in the Market
Every brand and company has unique features and mottos that stand them out of the crowd.
Following are the specialities of Baskin robbins that provide them with a competitive edge.
- The vast range of flavours. It provides more than 31 flavours and toppings.
- All the products provided are vegetarian, and they have even launched a vegan version of their flavours. Thus they are liked by all types of consumers.
- Cow milk is the key ingredient.
- Rapid innovation and improvement in doing business.
- It is considered one of the largest ice cream store chains in the world and also in India.
Benefits of opting Baskin Robbins franchise
- It is a well-established and renowned global ice cream brand. You can take advantage of the goodwill, which will help you flourish your business.
- It provides a large variety of options to customers. Baskin Robbins provide 31 premium ice cream flavours, and a few of the flavours are always in demand and loved by customers.
- You won't have to worry about advertisements and publicity as it is an established brand among consumers. You can take advantage of a large consumer base.
- Baskin Robbins provide different and flexible franchise models. You can apply for the model which suits you and later on can expand your business.
- The company provide necessary training and support to all franchise holders.
- There is scope for earning huge profits. It is estimated that the Baskin Robbins franchise profit margin is around 40-50%.
- Baskin Robbins Franchise models need low investment. There is no need to pump in huge funds before initiating the business.
Also Read: How to Start a Pizza Hut Franchise?
Franchise program options
Baskin Robbins provides three franchise models. One can choose from the following depending on one's criteria and investment capacity.
Baskin Robbins Kiosk:
It is the best option for a beginner with a low investment capacity. It requires a minimum space of 150 square feet and a minimum frontage of 10 feet.
Baskin Robbins Parlour
It is larger than Kiosk and requires a minimum of 300 square feet and 12 feet of frontage.
Baskin Robbins Lounge
It is the best option if you have a large space. It requires around 500 square feet and 15 feet of frontage. One can easily expand from one franchise model to another by fulfilling criteria.
Estimated Baskin Robbins Franchise cost
The cost of starting a Baskin Robbins outlet depends on many factors. The following are the investment determinants.
- Preliminary cost will include the rent or purchase cost of the real estate.
- A franchisee has to make a security deposit of ₹50,000 /-.
- Franchise and Branding fees of ₹4,00,000 to ₹5,00,000 are required to be paid to Baskin Robbins.
- Different products cost
- Cost of different types of equipment
- Furniture and interior decoration
- Employees' salary and expenses.
- Goods and service tax.
Minimum area requirement
150 square feet
300 square feet
500 square feet
Minimum Frontage area
Estimated capital requirements (Investment)
₹11 to 14 lakhs
₹13 to 18 lakhs
₹18 to 24 lakhs
Steps to Follow For Applying a Franchise
Before applying for the franchise, it is important to brainstorm and lay down the foundation plan. It is better to decide on the following before reaching out to the company.
- Step 1: Decide which type of outlet you would like to open, Kiosk, parlour or lounge.
- Step 2: Location plays a very crucial role. A store in a deserted area will not be a profitable venture. So select a location that will attract customers.
- Step 3: Decide whether you will buy the property or take it on rent. Discuss the terms and conditions of the agreement in advance.
- Step 4: The source of capital is important to decide. If you finance your project, the interest percentage charged on loan will be the additional cost.
- Step 5: Make a project report that will give you an estimated value of sales, profit etc.
Applying to Baskin Robbins Franchise
After preparing the project report, it is time to apply for the Baskin Robbins franchise. Initially, you will fill out a franchise enquiry form on the Baskin Robbins India website. You need to provide the basic details such as name, address and phone number.
The responsible employee will contact you and provide you necessary details.
Later while filing the application form following information will need to be provided.
- Name of the Franchise
- Type of Business, that is whether it is a Company, LLP or sole-proprietorship
- Contact Details
- Location of the proposed outlet
- The estimated square feet of outlet and frontage area
- Ownership of the outlet, whether it is owned, leased or rented
- Providing details of the lease or rent amount, tenure and terms
- Other outlets in the same location
- Finance-related information like the name and address of the banker
- Franchise fees payment information
- Name of the outlet operation in charge
- Provide at least two social references.
Training and support
The Baskin Robbins franchise scheme provides entrepreneurs with continuous, systematic training and support. These training and programmes help them to successfully start the franchise and manage the operations. The franchisee support works in the following ways -
They guide franchisees in the interior, furniture and design of the outlet. They monitor the work in progress so any changes can easily be made.
Baskin Robbins has a very strong supply chain that has the ability to deliver frozen dessert to all parts of the world. The strategy of differentiation makes it eligible to segment its market and target even more people. This has enabled the company to create a competitive advantage in the market.
Promotion and branding
Baskin Robbins continuously launch offers and promotional events. Some events are city-specific, and some are applicable to pan India. They provide the necessary information and support for properly implementing and executing these marketing strategies.
The staff is trained under their world-class training programme to match international standards. Staff training makes the business more effective and enhances the process.
You can contact the company for further inquiries and details at the following address and phone numbers.
- Head office: Graviss Foods Pvt. Ltd. Strand Cinema Building, C.S. No. 506 Of Colaba Division, Arthur Bunder Road, Colaba, Mumbai - 400005. Telephone: 022-6251-3131
- North Region Office: Graviss Foods Pvt. Ltd. (Baskin Robbins) Corenthum, 124-2nd Floor, Tower A, A 41, Sector 62, Noida-201301. Telephone: 120-4502900
- East Region Office: Graviss Foods Pvt. Ltd. 100/1B, Ashutosh Mukherjee Road, Opp. Ramrikdas Haralalka Hospital, Kolkata - 700025 Telephone: 033-46035786
- South Region Office: Graviss Foods Pvt Ltd. "Ebrahim Residency" No. 98, 1st Floor, Next to Prestige Towers, Residency Road, Bangalore – 560025 Telephone: 080-4252 3100
The company will prefer an entrepreneur with the following criteria.
- A person with sufficient capital and financial stability to develop and maintain stores
- Have a good financial Credibility
- Enthusiasm and commitment towards business
The article was all about the process of getting the franchise of Baskin Robbins. If you are passionate and enthusiastic about the food and beverages industry and have a soft spot for ice cream, the Baskin Robbins franchise is a great option.
Follow Khatabook for the latest updates, news blogs, and articles related to micro, small and medium businesses (MSMEs), business tips, income tax, GST, salary, and accounting.