At KhataBook, we’re building utility solutions for small & medium businesses (SMBs). Our first offering – an Android app enabling businesses to digitally record the credit they extend to customers – went viral. In a matter of months, KhataBook has been downloaded 2M times, and more and more businesses are becoming a part of this network.
Some context of the market: 90% of India’s ~$1 Trillion Retail Market is controlled by traditional/unorganized sector. Which means ~$900B worth of commerce flows through ~50M small & medium shops/warehouses/kiosks/homes, scattered all over the country – from mighty metros to tiny villages. A network powered by millions of businesses, built-in turn to power these businesses – that’s our goal at KhataBook.
We’re a small team based in Bengaluru, funded by Sequoia, Info Edge & Y Combinator and we’re always looking for great folks to come and join us on this amazing adventure.
As a Senior Backend Engineer, you will be first hand responsible for designing our architecture, implementing it and making crucial technology decisions.
You will build high-quality software, inspire junior developers to write good code, and maintain a culture of high-performance engineering teams with exemplary work.
As the engineer building the foundation of our systems, you will end up working with product, frontend and DevOps/infra teams to architect the systems and data flow
You will ensure our customers and engineers always have a top-notch experience with your work!
- 3+ years of intense experience writing production backend services at scale
- Good understanding of Algorithms, Data Structures, Object Oriented Design and Databases
- Deep understanding of SQL database architecture – data modelling and scalable schema design
- Working knowledge of message queues, NoSQL databases & caching systems
- Experience with Docker and running applications on containers
- In-depth understanding of cloud platform (AWS or GCP) and building services for scale
- Experience writing 12-Factor RESTful backend services
- Basic knowledge of python, scripting and common data-science toolkits is a plus
- Bonus points for experience with Typescript, Node.js
- Node.js, Typescript
- Python – pandas, scikit-learn
- DB – PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis
- AWS cloud – EC2, RDS, S3.
Will match market rate
HSR Layout, Bengaluru
We’re always looking for talented people.
Send your resume to email@example.com