At KhataBook, we’re building utility solutions for small & medium businesses (SMBs). Our first offering – an Android app enabling businesses to digitally record the credit they extend to customers – went viral. In a matter of months, KhataBook has been downloaded 2M times, and more and more businesses are becoming a part of this network.
Some context of the market: 90% of India’s ~$1 Trillion Retail Market is controlled by traditional/unorganized sector. Which means ~$900B worth of commerce flows through ~50M small & medium shops/warehouses/kiosks/homes, scattered all over the country – from mighty metros to tiny villages. A network powered by millions of businesses, built-in turn to power these businesses – that’s our goal at KhataBook.
We’re a small team based in Bengaluru, funded by Sequoia, Info Edge & Y Combinator and we’re always looking for great folks to come and join us on this amazing adventure.
- Design, build, and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable Java & Kotlin code
- Writing unit-tests code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Take ownership of product/features: End to end development with testing and meet the deadline
- 1+ years of experience building Android apps
- Solid understanding of the Android app development with Kotlin
- Good understanding of areas such as Algorithms, Data Structures, Object Oriented Design, Databases.
- Ability to work in areas outside of their usual comfort zone and get things done quickly
- Bonus points for familiarity with Android components like MVVM, Livedata, data binding, room, dagger (DI), Coroutine.
Will match market rate
HSR Layout, Bengaluru
We’re always looking for talented people.
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org